P8Z77-V LK or P8Z77-V?

baconizer

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Hello!
I am looking for the difference between these mobo's, I know p8z77-v has integrated WIFI support, but is the p8z77-v it worth the extra 60 bucks for the WIFI and other features I might not have stated?

Thanks!

Solution

The choice entirely depends on your needs, GPU and CPU selection and OC plans.

The P8Z77-V LK is a good basic SLI Z77 whereas the P8Z77-V also offers SLI and is much better suited for OC'ing with the (K) SB/IB CPU. Most folks won't notice the LAN difference Realtek vs Intel LAN (Intel is better), nor do they need more than 6 SATA ports from a third-party chipset e.g. ASMedia, nor have the need much less the desire for WiFi on a desktop PC - use the LAN (CAT-5e/6 or PowerLine), but those that OC need the additional...

wabbit_season

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
i am wondering the same thing. i currently am looking at the LK since its cheaper and has UEFI bios, not sure if the other one has UEFI bios (probably does, just didn't see it posted).

baconizer

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012

Ahh, but the LK also supports 3 way SLI/Crossfire if I'm not mistaken?

G

you forgot better audio :kaola:

The choice entirely depends on your needs, GPU and CPU selection and OC plans.

The P8Z77-V LK is a good basic SLI Z77 whereas the P8Z77-V also offers SLI and is much better suited for OC'ing with the (K) SB/IB CPU. Most folks won't notice the LAN difference Realtek vs Intel LAN (Intel is better), nor do they need more than 6 SATA ports from a third-party chipset e.g. ASMedia, nor have the need much less the desire for WiFi on a desktop PC - use the LAN (CAT-5e/6 or PowerLine), but those that OC need the additional Phase/VRM of the P8Z77-V or P8Z77-V Pro.

So if you're looking at a SB/IB (K) CPU and in that budget range either the ASUS P8Z77-V or ASRock Z77 Extreme4 are decent starting points. Otherwise Phase/VRM won't matter and the ASUS P8Z77-V LK is a good choice if looking potentially at an SLI (nVidia) GPU solution. The additional Phase/VRM aides in reducing the vCore and stabilizing the OC, which adds long-term CPU longevity, higher potential OC and lower temps.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS