a questionnaire

Hey,

I'm David Hobbs an undergraduate at the University of York, at the
moment I'm trying to write a dissertation for my final year on
Nintendo and the videogame industry.
So if anyone has a spare few minuets to fill out an online
questionnaire it would help me out a lot.

Just follow the link
http://www.freewebs.com/davidhobbs/homepage1.html

All results will be used for academic research and NOT used for any
other purpose

Thank you very much

<dsoh100@york.ac.uk> wrote in message news:1108562717.848663.230960@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Hey,
>
> I'm David Hobbs an undergraduate at the University of York, at the
> moment I'm trying to write a dissertation for my final year on
> Nintendo and the videogame industry.
> So if anyone has a spare few minuets to fill out an online
> questionnaire it would help me out a lot.
>
> Just follow the link
> http://www.freewebs.com/davidhobbs/homepage1.html
>
> All results will be used for academic research and NOT used for any
> other purpose
>
> Thank you very much

You need to edit your survey dude. There are mistakes.

"menu boy" <ilmobixSPAMIT@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> <dsoh100@york.ac.uk> wrote in message
>> Hey,
>>
>> I'm David Hobbs an undergraduate at the University of York, at the
>> moment I'm trying to write a dissertation for my final year on
>> Nintendo and the videogame industry.
>> So if anyone has a spare few minuets to fill out an online
>> questionnaire it would help me out a lot.
>>
>> Just follow the link
>> http://www.freewebs.com/davidhobbs/homepage1.html
>>
>> All results will be used for academic research and NOT used for any
>> other purpose
>>
>> Thank you very much
>>

> You need to edit your survey dude. There are mistakes.

Good call MB! I was going to say, the questions are poorly worded, poorly
laid out, and not very thought provoking....

"Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2uYQd.819$OU1.623@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...

> "menu boy" <ilmobixSPAMIT@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > <dsoh100@york.ac.uk> wrote in message
> >> Hey,
> >>
> >> I'm David Hobbs an undergraduate at the University of York, at the
> >> moment I'm trying to write a dissertation for my final year on
> >> Nintendo and the videogame industry.
> >> So if anyone has a spare few minuets to fill out an online
> >> questionnaire it would help me out a lot.
> >>
> >> Just follow the link
> >> http://www.freewebs.com/davidhobbs/homepage1.html
> >>
> >> All results will be used for academic research and NOT used for any
> >> other purpose
> >>
> >> Thank you very much
> >>

> > You need to edit your survey dude. There are mistakes.
> >

> Good call MB! I was going to say, the questions are poorly worded, poorly
> laid out, and not very thought provoking....

Probably a spyware or spam trap.

menu boy wrote:
> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2uYQd.819$OU1.623@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
>
>>"menu boy" <ilmobixSPAMIT@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>><dsoh100@york.ac.uk> wrote in message

>>>You need to edit your survey dude. There are mistakes.
>>>

>>Good call MB! I was going to say, the questions are poorly worded, poorly
>>laid out, and not very thought provoking....
>>

> Probably a spyware or spam trap.

doubtful, there's no place that it asks for you email, or such personal
details

"Vitani" <inativ@tfosxft.moc> wrote in message news:4p3Rd.494$Zh3.220@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
> menu boy wrote:
> > "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2uYQd.819$OU1.623@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
> >
> >>"menu boy" <ilmobixSPAMIT@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >>Good call MB! I was going to say, the questions are poorly worded, poorly
> >>laid out, and not very thought provoking....
> >>

> > Probably a spyware or spam trap.
> >

> doubtful, there's no place that it asks for you email, or such personal
> details

You can get infected simply by visiting a site. No need for email.

menu boy wrote:
> "Vitani" <inativ@tfosxft.moc> wrote in message news:4p3Rd.494$Zh3.220@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
>
>>menu boy wrote:

>>>Probably a spyware or spam trap.
>>>

>>doubtful, there's no place that it asks for you email, or such personal
>>details
>

> You can get infected simply by visiting a site. No need for email.

Only if you allow websites to automatically install stuff, in which case
you'd deserve whatever happened.

joemono

"joemono" <joe@NOSPAMmonterosso.net> wrote in message news:cv2jlj$286$1@msunews.cl.msu.edu...
> menu boy wrote:

> >>doubtful, there's no place that it asks for you email, or such personal
> >>details
> >

> > You can get infected simply by visiting a site. No need for email.
> >

> Only if you allow websites to automatically install stuff, in which case
> you'd deserve whatever happened.

That's not true, you can get infected with being asked to install/DL anything.

> That's not true, you can get infected with being asked to install/DL anything.

Right, that's what I said.

joemono

joemono wrote:
>> That's not true, you can get infected with being asked to install/DL
>> anything.
>

> Right, that's what I said.
>
> joemono

Seriously though, after researching a bit, it appears that you're right.
But from what I can tell, it's an IE thing.

joemono

"joemono" <joe@NOSPAMmonterosso.net> wrote in message news:cv2mqb$5hd$1@msunews.cl.msu.edu...
> > That's not true, you can get infected with being asked to install/DL anything.
>
> Right, that's what I said.

Sorry, I meant *without*. Duh.

"joemono" <joe@NOSPAMmonterosso.net> wrote in message news:cv2n3h$5hd$2@msunews.cl.msu.edu...
> joemono wrote:
> >> That's not true, you can get infected with being asked to install/DL
> >> anything.
> >

> > Right, that's what I said.
> >
> > joemono
>
> Seriously though, after researching a bit, it appears that you're right.
> But from what I can tell, it's an IE thing.

Which is why I use Firefox and Opera.

menu boy wrote:
> "Vitani" <inativ@tfosxft.moc> wrote in message news:4p3Rd.494$Zh3.220@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
>
>>menu boy wrote:

>>>Probably a spyware or spam trap.
>>>

>>doubtful, there's no place that it asks for you email, or such personal
>>details
>

> You can get infected simply by visiting a site. No need for email.

Use Firefox (or another non-IE broswer) then, less risk.

I hate the way IE will let you _run_ exe files from remote locations,
every other browser I know forces you to download them, and execute them
manually.