Watercooling CPU and GPU. HELP

Hey guys I'm planning on a build in about a month or so, so I was doing my research and I heard that the xfx 6990's fans are REALLY loud so I thought why not go and water cool my gpu and cpu. So I was wondering what size radiator I should get for this and would it be possible to mount the radiator on the top of the inside of my case which is going to be a Cooler Master HAF X. Lastly it would be awesome if someone would link me good water cooling parts that would cover everything I need. Thank you guys :D
4 answers Last reply
More about watercooling help
  1. marwan5418 said:
    Hey guys I'm planning on a build in about a month or so, so I was doing my research and I heard that the xfx 6990's fans are REALLY loud so I thought why not go and water cool my gpu and cpu. So I was wondering what size radiator I should get for this and would it be possible to mount the radiator on the top of the inside of my case which is going to be a Cooler Master HAF X. Lastly it would be awesome if someone would link me good water cooling parts that would cover everything I need. Thank you guys :D

You'll want atleast a 360 rad but if you can spend the extra money and if you have the room why not go with a 480. For radiator's a general rule of thumb is 120mm per block, but that doesn't really paint the whole picture. Also for radiator fan cooling you want high static pressure/cfm. Some fans can achieve good results at a much lower rpm than others.
  2. So what fans do you recommend I should buy then? ;o because water cooling is something totally new to me and I need a lot of help lol
  3. Sycthe slipstream fans is what was recommended to me and it seems to be what is used by alot of people to cool thier rads.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Water Cooling GPUs Product