Status
Not open for further replies.

darksbain

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
I am building my first gamming system and later down the road I want the capabilities to crossfire 2 6950 gpu's
Everyone seems to say for power supply go with Corsair,I have been shopping tiger direct and everytime I narrow my search parameters to crossfirex power supplies all the corsairs are deleted.Say's they are SLI compatable.I didn't know there was a difference with power supplies,also list say's only 8 pin pciex16 connectors,does anyone know if they are compatable with my 6 pin connectors on my 6950's?
I52500k
msi p67agd53b3
corsair vengeance 1600
dual asus dvdrw's
coolermaster storm enforcer
caviar blk 1 tb
power supply ?????

Solution
For a system running with two Radeon HD 6950 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode a power supply with 700 Watts or greater with a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 46 Amps or greater and with at least four 6-pin PCI-E Supplementary Power Connectors is recommended.

The following Corsair PSUs will meet the power and PCI-E connectors requirement:

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 (CMPSU-750TXV2)
Corsair Professional Series HX650W (CMPSU-650HX)
Corsair Professional Series HX750W (CMPSU-750HX)
For a system running with two Radeon HD 6950 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode a power supply with 700 Watts or greater with a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 46 Amps or greater and with at least four 6-pin PCI-E Supplementary Power Connectors is recommended.

The following Corsair PSUs will meet the power and PCI-E connectors requirement:

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 (CMPSU-750TXV2)
Corsair Professional Series HX650W (CMPSU-650HX)
Corsair Professional Series HX750W (CMPSU-750HX)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.