BG2 patches?

Just about to start the game, installed it all, gonna look on the TOB
disc for patches. Was just wondering if there are any other UK patches
online that would help?

I'd love to get into mods, but I'm afraid I don't have the time and I
probably don't have the computer know-how :-S

Thanks all,
Naomi :)

Naomi schrieb:
> Just about to start the game, installed it all, gonna look on the TOB
> disc for patches. Was just wondering if there are any other UK patches
> online that would help?
>
> I'd love to get into mods, but I'm afraid I don't have the time and I
> probably don't have the computer know-how :-S

The baldurdash fix is highly recommended. Should be www.baldurdash.org
IIRC.
As far as mods are concerned I would propose to play the game at least
once without mods and go for them later. The game has great replay value
anyway and the mods will take that still further. And don't worry about
your computer skills, at least the wesmods are easy to handle (refers to
the installation only :) )
HTH
Martin

griffinng@yahoo.co.uk (Naomi) wrote in message news:<942aeea6.0410050413.6ea2124a@posting.google.com>...
> Just about to start the game, installed it all, gonna look on the TOB
> disc for patches. Was just wondering if there are any other UK patches
> online that would help?
>
> I'd love to get into mods, but I'm afraid I don't have the time and I
> probably don't have the computer know-how :-S
>
> Thanks all,
> Naomi :)

ToB patches can be found here
http://www.bioware.com/games/throne_bhaal/support/patches/

Do not install the Beta patch unless you're experiencing very long

And definetly do as Martin said. Itstall the Baldurdash ToBfixpack and
the Baldurdash ToB Game Text Updater. Don't install the SoA versions
if you have ToB installed.

Shodan <m.meerten2@chello.nl> wrote:

> Do not install the Beta patch unless you're experiencing very long

How long load/save time is considered "very long"?
I'm experiencing a little (IMHO) longer load times...

"c-shadow" <zajeb911@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<2sl6huF1n05kjU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Shodan <m.meerten2@chello.nl> wrote:
> >
> > Do not install the Beta patch unless you're experiencing very long
>
> How long load/save time is considered "very long"?
> I'm experiencing a little (IMHO) longer load times...

A normal save/load session takes only a few seconds. Maybe 10 seconds
max. If it's minutes, then you should apply the Beta patch.