What is the cheapest QUAD CORE processor ??

is it the 640 by AMD ??

and is it any good ??
16 answers Last reply
More about what cheapest quad core processor
  1. This one is 80 bucks right now... It just doesnt come with a cpu cooler...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103993
  2. btw what paste is the best for a cpu cooler with a zalman 9500

Arctic Cooling MX-2

or arctic silver 5

or something else ??
  3. I dont have much experience with thermal paste so I cant really give you any educated advice, sorry...
  4. I believe the MX-2 and AS5 are about the same in performance. Also, a dual core can be better than a quad core, more cores isn't always the way to go. WHat do you plan to do? Maybe I can help you. But do answer your question directly, I believe this: http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0375737
  5. http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0371961 I would get that though, only $10 more with a fan and .2Ghz faster per core.
  6. play the latest games

burn dvds

watch movies

browse the net

multi task , that's it, so I can burn dvds and brownse the net at the same time,
  7. What is your budget? What are the rest of the componets or are you ordering it all new?
  8. I would suggest geting a Intel Core Quad Q series i think you can find it on e bay not with high price its like 30-40 bucks not shir you should check it out anyways and you can get a a good cooler for the 30 remaning dollars
  9. budget for ram, motherboard and CPU is 140 british pounds

20 for cooler money

I have the PSU and everything else already
  10. what does it mean to download a bios

one review said he had a problem with the motherboard

I thought when building a new computer you just put them pieces together and install drivers etc .

why the problem ?
  11. Sometimes if there is a problem you have to flash the Bios and download the latest BIOS update from the manufactures website.
  12. fuggles said:
    what does it mean to download a bios

one review said he had a problem with the motherboard

I thought when building a new computer you just put them pieces together and install drivers etc .

why the problem ?

Motherboards receive updates to their BIOS over time, these updates come for many reasons, one of them to add support for new processors. A new motherboard usually has the latest BIOS available for it, but it is possible to get one that's been siting on a shelf some where for long enough it has an older version of the BIOS.
  13. fuggles said:
    play the latest games

burn dvds

watch movies

browse the net

multi task , that's it, so I can burn dvds and brownse the net at the same time,

You'll only notice a difference between a dual core and quad core in games.

You can notice a difference in multi-tasking depending if you do CPU intensive multi-tasking.
  14. fuggles said:
    btw what paste is the best for a cpu cooler with a zalman 9500

Arctic Cooling MX-2

or arctic silver 5

or something else ??

Ive heard that Noctua makes good thermal compound/paste but i dont know...
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Quad Core Processors AMD Product