AIR FROM COMPUTER BAD FOR BRAIN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
I need your help?
is computer air dangerous? is it causing me to be dizzy and dimmed?

i am concerned .. i had on my pc today in my living room all day on.. and i was outside i was not here
when i get back and i sitt on it and i become very tired and dazed and dimmed

i have always wondered if its true that these fumes are bad for our brains

my mom used to say there were someone saying it was bad

how true is this? and what alternatives can i have? i cant putt my pc outside .. cause its winter

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
New pcb's are sprayed with a silicone based product to protect their circuits from statics etc. this spray on thing can cause strange respiration symptoms for some people.

After a while the fumes get less and less potent, and it's usually only a problem with new hardware. This is also why most new hardware stink heavily the first couple of

months.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conformal_coating

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
i have a water cooler antec khuler .. is that going to send something unhealthy through the air?

so its not dangerous and the smell is only that conformaal coating?

If you stay to long time at PC and you are dizzy go to see an oftalmoligist. Maybe you'll need to ware glasses. Sometimes i have the same simptoms and i know i need glasses.Its not a joke go control your eyes.

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
i use glasses... so the gass from pcs do not cause brain dmaage or problems ?

I might actually have a cold instead that makes me have these symtpoms i am not too sure
its not impossible.. i showered last 2 days ago if i remember right

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
The air isn;'d bad, what you can be experiencing is EMF emitted from your computer. As long as you are 90cm away from your comp. You shouldn't worry.

popatim

Titan

I hope your parent's never call you complaining of that symptom....

@OP - get your ass to the ER Now

why do I say that? Because a year ago I had very simular symtoms but I had a what I thought was a cold or bronchitis. When it, dizzy spell and coughing like crazy, cleared up instead of going to bed I figured I had better get to the ER and get some penicillin for I was sure it was bronchitis now. Well an hour later I was in heart surgery. Had I decided to go to bed instead I would not have made it thru the night. Thats right I would be dead right now. I had a silent heart attack and never ever knew it.

loneninja

Distinguished
Air from a computer is not bad for you, they don't produce toxic fumes or burn fuel, they simply draw in air blow it across some metal cooling fins and push it back out the case.

However as others have mentioned, you may have a medical situation to tend to.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
Hey how about some excercise.. - he may be a big fella and sitting there playing what ever game he plays cuts of air supply or circlulation..

More likely carbon minoxide - open the window and call for a heating engineer to check your heating system

maybe you need glasses or have an inner ear problem - what ever happens dude u must get this checked out !!
I'm allergic to cats and dogs but hey.

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011

God bless you ...

Well guys what is A CO ? and what is CO detector?

carbon dioxyde?

well thankfully this only happened recently i usually dont have these symptoms .
AND I dont think i have a heart attack beacause i am here

CO is Carbon Monoxide, too high of a percentage of it in the air you breathe can kill you, you just fall asleep and don't wake up.

This is how people kill themselves when they put a hose from their car exhaust back into their car window and turn it on, CO poisoning does this.

It could also be mold related if it only happens in one room in the house. There could be mold on the other side of the wall and that could also potentially be extremely deadly.

I think you should go to the Emergency Room too, to be on the safe side, and get your house tested for poisoning agents like CO and mold.

popatim

Titan

I mentioned that I had had a heart attack. Test showed that it was 3 or 4 days prior to me going to the ER. They have a chemical marker that narrows it down pretty good I'm told. I never even suspected it. My dizziness I attributed to exerting myself while having a cold and not being able to breathe well. Boy was I wrong.

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
man now my laptopt is smleling fume after i formated for some reason .. i tried to turn of the performance gpu and still it makes gass that smells

is this smelling gass dangerous?

its so annoying..... it didnt cause eso much air before i had formated
its a new car smell .. and this machine is not even new

no i know its not CO or i guess cuase i only experience this newly and noe with my pc too.. all i need of you guys to tell me really if the fume is dangerous this smell that comes from the computer or not?

Does it matter if i installed a 64 bit windows on this laptop thats actually 32 bit? does that make it use more fan?

i did also sett the power settings to balanced or save mode

Jun 29, 2019
I need your help?
is computer air dangerous? is it causing me to be dizzy and dimmed?

i am concerned .. i had on my pc today in my living room all day on.. and i was outside i was not here
when i get back and i sitt on it and i become very tired and dazed and dimmed

i have always wondered if its true that these fumes are bad for our brains

my mom used to say there were someone saying it was bad

how true is this? and what alternatives can i have? i cant putt my pc outside .. cause its winter
Yes your computer can off gas toxic fumes. The innards of your computer contain a myriad of toxic substances from heavy metals to PVC to brominated fire retardants. When your computer heats up, these substances are off-gassed and blown out into your air space. I had a bromine poisoning as a result of this off-gassing, confirmed by a 24 hours urine test. My bromine levels were over 7 (normal under 2) which I was able to reduce over a couple years time by changing computers and increasing my iodine intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.