I want to run multiple monitors - Can I use the onboard video AND a discrete car

techsan

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
I'm a trader and I'm building my new system right now. Here is my intended build:

Run 6 monitors using (3) NVS 295 cards
ASUS P8Z77 Premium with i7 3770k

There are times when I'd like to use the thunderbolt port (or one of the other video outs) to run an additional monitor, effectively giving me 7 monitors at once. Will this be possible?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Enable "iGPU Multi-Monitor"...

It should be located in the Advanced tab of the BIOS under System Agent Configuration -> Graphics Configuration (I think that's right. I can't get the manual for the P8Z77-V Premium to download for some reason, but I looked at the Sabertooth Z77 manual and it should be basically the same).

techsan

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Anyone? Seems like it'd be a fairly standard issue that many here have encountered before...

Based on my reading, I know that the onboard will typically shut off if it detects a discreet card, but is there a way to avoid that through the bios, etc...?

I've googled until my fingers tired, but I can't find any recent info pertaining to the answer. Thanks.

G

Before you order the extra 7th monitor simply try plugging one of your monitors into the onboard video and see if it works, if not i wouldn't try to get an extra 7th monitor and just plug them all into your gpu's.
Under the nvidia control panel there should be some settings for to control the displays a bit, try messing around with that before buying the extra monitor to see if it will work.

Enable "iGPU Multi-Monitor"...

It should be located in the Advanced tab of the BIOS under System Agent Configuration -> Graphics Configuration (I think that's right. I can't get the manual for the P8Z77-V Premium to download for some reason, but I looked at the Sabertooth Z77 manual and it should be basically the same).

Solution

Basicenduser

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013

Basicenduser

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
There are easier ways to build nice performing machines. I am using a Core2 Duo machine, XP Pro, one GE Force 8400GS, and one PCI video card in PCI expansion slot. Wow! Four monitors on a 2008 machine. (Wisdom) Trading methods are more important than the machines! Just sharing what I've learned in the past 12 Months.