Sign in with
Your question

Can't decide whether I should buy a X-fi titanium HD (Help)

Last response: in Components
November 22, 2011 11:09:01 PM

Hi,

I've been considering the X-fi titanium HD for gaming, movies, and music.

First of all, will my gigaworks t20 SII be good enough for the card? (or is it too much of a bottleneck?)

Also, I heard something along the lines of "the titanium HD is stereo analogous"??? so does that mean it is optimized for 2.0/2.1 speaker setup or headphones?

thanks!

More about : decide buy titanium

a c 293 4 Gaming
November 23, 2011 12:31:49 AM

If you have onboard HD audio the card would be a waste of money with those speakers. To reap the benefit of a sound card over HD onboard you need high quality speakers and yet most people can not tell the difference.
m
l
November 23, 2011 1:02:50 AM

Do not buy that card!

Those speakers will not do the improvement in audio quality any favors. You'll likely not be able to tell the difference.

Besides that you'll have to deal with Creative's drivers, which are the worst I've ever experienced from ANY company.

I love Creative's products, and I have a Creative MP3 player and several headphones too. They shine with hardware but fail hard with software.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 23, 2011 11:01:28 AM

1: Creatives drivers are so bad, I can not in good faith recommend their products.

2: Other options include cards from ASUS, HT Omega, and Auzentech.

I can't speak for the quality of your speakers, so its hard to make a recommendation. The closest alternative to the Titanium HD would be teh ASUS Xonar Essence ST/STX, which I would recommend over the Titanium HD any day.
m
l
!