Here is my build so far:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SSD: Kingston SSDNow V+100 SVP100S2/96G 2.5"

PSU: Enermax Revolution 85+ 850w PSU

CASE: NZXT Phantom Red/White

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 SDRAM CAS8
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan on purchasing an i7 2600k and a GTX 580.

I was looking for advice as to which motherboard and GPU i should go for, and also an opinion of the overall build. (I know the ssd is crap. I got it for $100)

My overall color scheme is red/white so a blue motherboard is pretty much out of the question. also, a red 580 would be preferable, but the only ones that i could find were massive triple slot cards from ASUS. (I plan on possibly sli-ing in the future.)

Eventually i plan on getting the CORSAIR H100 cpu cooler, anyone here know of any compatibility issues with the Phantom or with a mobo installed in it?

My budget for the Motherboard is around 200-250 dollars with room to flex +-30

I am looking for the z68 chipset, preferably with virtu support (mobo video out) as i do some video encoding alongside my gaming.

Let me know what you think!

(Also, this is my first post and first build so please excuse any nwb mistakes :P)
5 answers Last reply
More about nzxt phantom build advice please
  1. Everytime I see a new build question that is over $1,500, the MoBo would be like $200+. That is really overkill, as MotherBoards nowadays is just a "docking station". Anything over $175 is overkill in my opinion. I would go with something that is about ~$150. Saving you $50-$100 so that you can either
    a. save the money
    or
    b. have $100 closer to the GTX 580 SLI
  2. Great point Dragon. I will def. keep that in mind. thanks for the advice.
  3. No problem
  4. h100 fits on the phantom case
    google it or Utube it.
    Phantom case is an awesome case
  5. you could also look at the nzxt white psu's
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems