mrbunny

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Hello, It appears that my center channel is dead. I have the 5.1 asus xonar dg pci card, and the logitech z506 5.1 surround system. Just recently, i noticed that my center channel stopped working. I tested multiple options in the asus control panel, re installed asus drivers, and uninstalled nvidia hdmi audio drivers. It must of happened this week. This is the life of my computer last week-
1.New upgrade! hd4850-gtx 560ti goes flawlessly!
2.put a cooler in my computer that goes where a pci connector goes, and it may have made contact withe the back of my sound card. Its alot like this- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835119097, but no moving or metal parts contacted my sound card.
3.Went dual screen with 2 23" monitors, one hdmi and one dvi. I've tried disconnecting both and alternating connectors. It has worked with hdmi.
Is it possible for the card to just burn out? I can't detect any sights or smells that would indicate that. Im pretty sure my speakers are not bad.
Any ideas?
thanks
specs
680pws
2x23" monitors,both capable of sound but not using it.
gtx 560ti (thank you computing gods) :D
3.5x4 ghz amd phenomx2
an msi motherboard. I can look it up if needed.
8gb gskill ram

baru013

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Did it ever work? I have the same 5.1 system and sound card, brand new, but can't seem to hear any bass whatsoever, could you tell me how to config in asus xonar audio center???

Many thanks.

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Open up the Xonar audio center. Make sure you are configured for 5.1. Also, to the right of the analog speaker settings, there is a test button that will test each speaker individually.

bsantill

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
I have the same card and just last night the subwoofer and center channels make no sounds.
I did make recent hardware changes but nothing that would affect the sound card at all...
I added a second nVidia card to run SLI and an SSD as my main OS HD. I then switched from 32bit Win7 to the 64bit version.
I believe this could be due to the 64bit drivers being faulty ... also, ASUS customer service sucks big time.

In the audio center I have:
6 Channels, 48KHz sample rate, and 5.1 Speakers, SPDIF is disabled.

No matter what I do nothing comes from the center and subwoofer :cry: