Sign in with
Your question

Asrock Z77 extreme 4 dr debug help

Last response: in Motherboards
August 26, 2012 10:18:33 AM

Hi guys,
I'm using the above motherboard, with an i5 3570k, and its been great, yesterday I replaced the stock fans in my nzxt phantom 410 and loved having it quieter. So today I decided to replace the stock CPU cooler. I bought a cooler master hyper 402. The instal went smoothly but powering it on Dr debug reports 55, no memory, I had to move the ram over to fit the fan in but I followed the manuals directions on where to put them. The unit only powers up for 10 seconds then restarts, and I can't enter bios, I have tried clearing cmos, reseating and reorganising the 2 ram sticks, and took the cooler off and checked under the CPU, there's no thermal paste or bent pins that I can see. Any advice? I'm a tad worried :( 
August 26, 2012 10:32:38 PM

Sorry about the double post, had to do it off of my phone and it said it could not be posted and now im not sure how to delete them. I think i should have put this in the cpu area also....
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 26, 2012 11:39:25 PM

Did you remove the CPU itself at any point?
m
l
August 27, 2012 12:07:53 AM

Yeah i did to make it easier to clean off the old thermal paste, once i realised there was an issue i took it out again to check the pins and everything looks fine. The pins are all uniform. I think ill need to unmount the whole mobo to make sure nothing is shorting against the case. I am hoping this is the issue cause anything else will be a lot more expensive fix. Any other ideas will be very helpful.
Thanks.
m
l
!