Asrock Z77 extreme 4 dr debug help

Hi guys,
I'm using the above motherboard, with an i5 3570k, and its been great, yesterday I replaced the stock fans in my nzxt phantom 410 and loved having it quieter. So today I decided to replace the stock CPU cooler. I bought a cooler master hyper 402. The instal went smoothly but powering it on Dr debug reports 55, no memory, I had to move the ram over to fit the fan in but I followed the manuals directions on where to put them. The unit only powers up for 10 seconds then restarts, and I can't enter bios, I have tried clearing cmos, reseating and reorganising the 2 ram sticks, and took the cooler off and checked under the CPU, there's no thermal paste or bent pins that I can see. Any advice? I'm a tad worried :(
3 answers Last reply
More about asrock extreme debug help
  1. Sorry about the double post, had to do it off of my phone and it said it could not be posted and now im not sure how to delete them. I think i should have put this in the cpu area also....
  2. Did you remove the CPU itself at any point?
  3. Yeah i did to make it easier to clean off the old thermal paste, once i realised there was an issue i took it out again to check the pins and everything looks fine. The pins are all uniform. I think ill need to unmount the whole mobo to make sure nothing is shorting against the case. I am hoping this is the issue cause anything else will be a lot more expensive fix. Any other ideas will be very helpful.
    Thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASRock Motherboards