System fans work nothen else

ralf23456

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
Hello,

I recently bought 2 xfx 5950's 2gb single fan versions, I removed the old 4850 1gb from my working system, which is a MSI 870-G45 mb, 6gbs ddr 3 1333mhz ram, AMD Athlon x3 black ed with 4th core unlocked. The PSU is a 850Watt Corsair 80% Gold. Using Windows Xp 64-bit

When I removed the old 4850 and installed the 2 6950s, and plugged in my 22 inch HD LCD TV (1080p) When I hit the power button the fans turn on, I here the hds (3 , 2 tb WD Sata 6gb) but then nothing...Not a thing on the screen.... I try the search for signal on the TV and nothing, I pick the source directly and nothing. I then removed the new video cards, tried them both one at a time, I then thought

hmm, perhaps there bad...So I put my old 4850 back in and...still nothing..

I have striped the computer of almost everything, I unpluged the sata cables, I unpluged the fans, I removed all but one stick of ram...But nether the new video cards nor the old one works...I removed all ram and I did get some Bios Beeps so its not completely dead..I even tried and old ATI x600 pcie card which I know works and still nothing...I then tried an old pci video card a old S3 card and still nothing....

I don't know where to go from here, I have been building pc for over 20 years and this is the first time I have had a puzzle like this..

I am currently using my old pc which I build around 2004-5 a Intel P4 2.4 ghz which has never been unreliable...But now is currently just an extra Internet browser for other family members...