M2N68-AM_PLUS 95w or 125w

Since it's the Black Edition 955, it's definitely a 125W CPU. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103808

There is a 95W 955, but it's not a Black Edition (and I think it was only available in pre-built OEM systems).

So, the 955BE that you have probably won't work, unfortunately.

Edit: I just realized that CPU-Upgrade says that the 125W 955 actually is compatible, but I really don't understand how, since the BIOS shouldn't even recognize it, according to Asus themselves.

A 125W CPU should be limited to only 800Mhz on that board (even if it does somehow boot), since it's supposedly not supported.

One thing that may be a glimmer of hope here is that Asus doesn't specifically say that only up to 95W CPU's are supported, there just aren't any in the support list...

scottfree1

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
I decided to scrap the whole thing, it was going to put a media sever but it was more work than it was worth, I ended up getting a Roku which does all the netflix/holu stuff but it also has a "plex" channel that turns all my local content into my own little netflix/pandora channel, pretty slick..