Desktop Icons Default Position

Hi. I'm looking for some freeware or some regedit trick where I can set the default location of icons/files on saved on the desktop NOT ON THE UPPER LEFT HAND SIDE, rather on the UPPER RIGHT HAND SIDE. You know, like, when I download some PDF file from the net then save it on my desktop, it'll locate itself on the upper left hand side, correct? Is there a way (or is it even possible) to set the default location that instead of finding the file on the upper left hand side, it'll instead position itself on the upper-right hand side corner...

And yes, I am aware of the "Arrage Icons By -> ..." routine. It just doesn't provide the thing i'm looking for... which is to set the default location of saved files on the desktop to the upper-right hand side...

It's of no urgent matter but please please please help :( thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about desktop icons default position

    Yep.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    "cheti424" <cheti424@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi. I'm looking for some freeware or some regedit trick where I can set
    > the default location of icons/files on saved on the desktop NOT ON THE
    > UPPER LEFT HAND SIDE, rather on the UPPER RIGHT HAND SIDE. You know,
    > like, when I download some PDF file from the net then save it on my
    > desktop, it'll locate itself on the upper left hand side, correct? Is
    > there a way (or is it even possible) to set the default location that
    > instead of finding the file on the upper left hand side, it'll instead
    > position itself on the upper-right hand side corner...
    >
    > And yes, I am aware of the "Arrage Icons By -> ..." routine. It just
    > doesn't provide the thing i'm looking for... which is to set the default
    > location of saved files on the desktop to the upper-right hand side...
    >
    > It's of no urgent matter but please please please help :( thanks

    Wow, so there is a way to do this... Um... How? :)

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > Yep.
    >
    > --
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly
    >
    > Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    > 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >
    > Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    >

    > "cheti424" <cheti424@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi. I'm looking for some freeware or some regedit trick where I can set
    > > the default location of icons/files on saved on the desktop NOT ON THE
    > > UPPER LEFT HAND SIDE, rather on the UPPER RIGHT HAND SIDE. You know,
    > > like, when I download some PDF file from the net then save it on my
    > > desktop, it'll locate itself on the upper left hand side, correct? Is
    > > there a way (or is it even possible) to set the default location that
    > > instead of finding the file on the upper left hand side, it'll instead
    > > position itself on the upper-right hand side corner...
    > >
    > > And yes, I am aware of the "Arrage Icons By -> ..." routine. It just
    > > doesn't provide the thing i'm looking for... which is to set the default
    > > location of saved files on the desktop to the upper-right hand side...
    > >
    > > It's of no urgent matter but please please please help :( thanks

    In article <ey9ncsLZEHA.2812@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, kelly@mvps.org,
    a.k.a Kelly says...

    > Yep.

    And ... ?

Configuration Default Desktops Desktop Icons Windows XP