Desktop Icons Default Position

July 7, 2004 9:55:01 AM

Hi. I'm looking for some freeware or some regedit trick where I can set the default location of icons/files on saved on the desktop NOT ON THE UPPER LEFT HAND SIDE, rather on the UPPER RIGHT HAND SIDE. You know, like, when I download some PDF file from the net then save it on my desktop, it'll locate itself on the upper left hand side, correct? Is there a way (or is it even possible) to set the default location that instead of finding the file on the upper left hand side, it'll instead position itself on the upper-right hand side corner...

And yes, I am aware of the "Arrage Icons By -> ..." routine. It just doesn't provide the thing i'm looking for... which is to set the default location of saved files on the desktop to the upper-right hand side...

It's of no urgent matter but please please please help :(  thanks
July 8, 2004 6:13:48 AM

Yep.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"cheti424" <cheti424@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D F840110-D96D-4883-B8E9-50C3FC9DD44B@microsoft.com...
> Hi. I'm looking for some freeware or some regedit trick where I can set
> the default location of icons/files on saved on the desktop NOT ON THE
> UPPER LEFT HAND SIDE, rather on the UPPER RIGHT HAND SIDE. You know,
> like, when I download some PDF file from the net then save it on my
> desktop, it'll locate itself on the upper left hand side, correct? Is
> there a way (or is it even possible) to set the default location that
> instead of finding the file on the upper left hand side, it'll instead
> position itself on the upper-right hand side corner...
>
> And yes, I am aware of the "Arrage Icons By -> ..." routine. It just
> doesn't provide the thing i'm looking for... which is to set the default
> location of saved files on the desktop to the upper-right hand side...
>
> It's of no urgent matter but please please please help :(  thanks
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 6:13:49 AM

Wow, so there is a way to do this... Um... How? :)

"Kelly" wrote:

> Yep.
>
> --
> All the Best,
> Kelly
>
> Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
> 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>
> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
>

> "cheti424" <cheti424@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D F840110-D96D-4883-B8E9-50C3FC9DD44B@microsoft.com...
> > Hi. I'm looking for some freeware or some regedit trick where I can set
> > the default location of icons/files on saved on the desktop NOT ON THE
> > UPPER LEFT HAND SIDE, rather on the UPPER RIGHT HAND SIDE. You know,
> > like, when I download some PDF file from the net then save it on my
> > desktop, it'll locate itself on the upper left hand side, correct? Is
> > there a way (or is it even possible) to set the default location that
> > instead of finding the file on the upper left hand side, it'll instead
> > position itself on the upper-right hand side corner...
> >
> > And yes, I am aware of the "Arrage Icons By -> ..." routine. It just
> > doesn't provide the thing i'm looking for... which is to set the default
> > location of saved files on the desktop to the upper-right hand side...
> >
> > It's of no urgent matter but please please please help :(  thanks

Anonymous
July 8, 2004 12:31:20 PM

In article <ey9ncsLZEHA.2812@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, kelly@mvps.org,
a.k.a Kelly says...