Sign in with
Your question

Why did I receive a message to confirm my account when I've had...

Last response: in Forum Feedback
October 23, 2008 11:01:00 AM

When reading
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-review,2043.html
A box jumped out and told me I should confirm my activation now.
But I can't find where to confirm, and I haven't seen a letter in my E-mail box.
So what's that confirmation and how can I confirm my registeration?
Thank you in advance.

--plus: Sorry for my bad English :D 
October 23, 2008 12:00:00 PM

Make sure you entered the right email. Also check the spam folder.
October 23, 2008 2:37:29 PM

this account for years?

You can enlarge it by pressing Ctrl AND +
October 23, 2008 3:20:13 PM

I have this exact same message, and I have no corresponding email.
October 23, 2008 4:31:09 PM

There is some new feature just added by french programmers that does this (pop-ups). There may be bugs. If you have issues, complaints about this "feature" - post them here.
October 23, 2008 5:14:07 PM

I just got the exact same thing, so what are you saying Jake ? If we are not french to just ignore it ?
I to have no emails about this.

Mactronix
October 23, 2008 5:45:17 PM

mactronix said:
I just got the exact same thing, so what are you saying Jake ? If we are not french to just ignore it ?
I to have no emails about this.

Mactronix

All programming is now done in Paris (so I've been told). I got an email from a French contact at BoM about the feature (just rolled out today), and they said there might be bugs.

I'm asking everyone who has this problem (nag pop-up even though you've been registered) to post that here - hopefully the French guys will see it and perhaps they can explain it.
October 23, 2008 5:51:33 PM

Ok jake thanks for the explanation, i have had twice now so add me to the list.

Thanks
Mactronix
October 23, 2008 6:04:24 PM

I'm getting it too. Seems to be a few different threads about this, maybe you should try and sticky this one until the problem is resolved.
October 23, 2008 6:14:26 PM

This topic has been sticky in top of the forum by Jake_Barnes
October 23, 2008 10:09:26 PM

I got the same message. As everyone else, no email recieved. I have the right email and checked my spam.
October 24, 2008 11:33:30 AM

Jake_Barnes said:
All programming is now done in Paris (so I've been told). I got an email from a French contact at BoM about the feature (just rolled out today), and they said there might be bugs.

I'm asking everyone who has this problem (nag pop-up even though you've been registered) to post that here - hopefully the French guys will see it and perhaps they can explain it.

Count me too Jake.

Checked my mail account too. Found something else tho. Thanks Jake ;) 
October 25, 2008 4:55:23 AM

So they didn't say what the point of this was? Hmm... well no email here.
December 9, 2008 11:18:51 PM

I have the same problem. New account. Got the confirmation e-mail. Selected the link and got the message that my account was confirmed. But every time I go to a new page, I get the notification to confirm account.
January 20, 2009 3:56:23 AM

i have the same problem! ive had this account for months! its been activated!!!!! PLZ HELP it says it will be reverted to anonymous!! A
February 22, 2009 1:14:08 AM

Same problem here. I figure my email server bounced back the confirmation email so I never saw it. Anyway to get it re-sent?
February 22, 2009 6:25:01 PM

So let me get this right, if you receive this email and you dont reply in 2 days they cancel your account after 2 days ?
If thats right can I have this email, I want my account terminated,

I have got a stupid bet with my friend, and for each day Im still a member of toms hardware I have to eat 10 boiled eggs & a chicken madras curry for breakfast everyday, Im getting fed up, I tried terminating my account with toms hardware 5 days ago, and I have been told to just wait, at least until the 25th to see if it will happen,
so can I have this email.
February 22, 2009 9:39:38 PM

This assumes you haven't already activated your account ;) 
!