Sign in with
Your question

URGENT, please help!! Can't boot

Last response: in Motherboards
August 26, 2012 10:20:30 PM

I have a MSi P67A-C43 B3 and recently I just used the MSi Live Updater 5 to update some things, BIOs update, from 1-h to 1-j I believe and some other ones like the realtek drivers.... I forgot since the last time I used it it totally crippled my system and I wasn't able to boot and now it has done the same again. What a mistake I made....

Anywho, I would really need some help getting my computer to boot up again.

I press the power button and the screen just stays black, nothing loads or pops up, everything runs fine, all the fans are on but nothing happens. I'm so lost and confused and worried :( 

I have tried to clear the CMOS, jumping it, pressing the clear cmos, taking out the battery for 3 minutes. Nothing has worked so far. I don't really know how to flash a bios, maybe that will work? Could someone please instruct me :( 

More about : urgent boot

a b V Motherboard
August 26, 2012 11:21:32 PM

When you update your BIOS all of your settings are lost. You should enter your BIOS and check that the proper boot device is selected as well as the proper mode (RAID,IDE,AHCI).
m
l
August 26, 2012 11:23:56 PM

Thats the thing, I can't. When I start it up, my monitor light usually goes from orange to yellow, but it stays orange, it doesn't seem to do anything. I can't see the bios post, or even enter the first screen when it shows you everything.
m
l
Related resources
a c 462 V Motherboard
August 26, 2012 11:31:26 PM

I would email msi to see if they have a bios recovery. on some new mb it putting the bios on a usb stick or cd-rom and holding some of the mb keys down. with clearing the cmos you first have to unplug the pc from the wall so that all power drains from them mb. then move the clear cmos jumper and leave it trhere for 20-30 min to make sure the cmos has lost all power. if the mb has onboard video pull the gpu and all ram but one stick.
m
l
August 26, 2012 11:33:48 PM

:( (( Wish there live support was up atm
m
l
August 26, 2012 11:36:12 PM

Everything is down until monday...
m
l
!