DizzyElectron

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
I'm trying to build a compact home server, but the picoPSU supply I'm using protrudes over the memory slots of the motherboard. Any suggestions on how I could fit a power supply and the memory?

I'm using a H67ITX from Zotac, with a picoPSU and 2 x 4GB Ballistix memory sticks (with heat dissipators). I'm trying to squeeze the system into a tiny case.

picopsu.jpg

I have a few photos on my build web site.

DizzyElectron

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Being a novice at PC building I was not sure I could get these new Samsung Green sticks. They are low profile and do not need heat sinks. My hesitation is that they are rated 1.35V and the motherboard expects 1.5. I have read that the H67ITX from Zotac has a limited BIOS (for example, one is stuck with the 1T setting) so I wonder if it would work with the Samsungs.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
On closer examination of your photo, I see now that your issue is so much RAM stick height, as it is thickness. If that PSU card flexes a bit, any non-shrouded stick should fit. Depending on which side of the stick the chips are on, you may have to look for single sided RAM sticks if not. As far as the voltage, I would stay with whatever the board is designed to accept.