Case Airflow Help

swingking03

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
I just recently cleaned out my case for the first time in a couple years, and was it filthy. When putting it all back together, I began wondering if: A) I put the fans back blowing in the correct direction, and B) Whether the current fan setup is ideal for air flow.

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137

It has 3 120mm fans which are currently setup as follows:
1) low-front of case sucking in
2) high-back of case blowing out
3) mid-to-low side blowing out (over the graphicscard)

Places the fans can be moved to are:
1) top of case
2) high side of case (over CPU)

Any thoughts or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Solution

images

Yeah, that is of coarse if a cpu cooler doesn't take up that space. Essentially the front and side must bring air in, while the top and rear take the air out. The 690 series is also well vented so it will never get hot inside.

The CM 690II has;

1 x 140 or 2 x 120 at the front
1 x 120 HDD cage
2 x 80/120/140 side panel
1 x 120 rear
2 x 120/140 Top (doubles as a radiator space)
2 x 120/140 Bottom (doubles as radiator space)
1 x 80 behind CPU.

If the CM 690 has the similar you have a fair amount of cooling upgradability.

swingking03

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
There are two possible locations for a fan on the side. One above the GPU and one above the CPU. I currently have a fan above the GPU blowing out, which I will turn around to suck cool air in. Does that sound correct?

images

Solution
It is the best setup and should give you good air control in the case, the coolermaster is exceptional for venting qualities. You have the early versions but the v2 is just adding on from the first series, and made more tool-less and user friendly. What this case offers in accordance with the price is a steal.