TheTranvia

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
I Just Bought A

Cpu AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz

A Motherboard Gigabyte 970A-D3

Video Card-Evga 2gb 550 ti

Psu- Rosewill Xtreme Series 850W

Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws X 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

And i can't for the life of me figure out why it won't boot everything turns on but no post And i looked on Gigabyte's website and it says i need to update Bios how can i do that when there is not post or is there Another Problem With my compatibility Please help i've been working on this for almost a week now and i really would appreciated the help

TheTranvia

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
Do you think it will Work then or will there still be more work involved also how do i know if my cpu is working i felt the fan and i felt heat so does that mean its working sorry for being a NOOB

4745454b

Titan
Dear lord, are you reading my posts at all?

follow normal troubleshooting steps to figure out whats wrong.

I have no idea what you've tried already, what your system is made up of, or how you have things plugged in. For all I know its something simple like you didn't plug in the 4/8pin CPU power plug. If you need a trouble shooting guide, try this one.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

That or start typing out system specs, things you've tried, etc so I have some clue as to whats going on.

lselmes

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
MSI 970A-G45 had the same issue with their boards being sold with old bios and not compatible with AM3+ processors. When I received my board I was very relieved to see a sticker added onto the box that read " Supports AM3+ CPU with new bios (B2 stepping ready)". Boards manufactured before 09-30-11 will likely have bios issues with Bulldozer.