560 gtx and 560 gtx ti

Hi there,

I recently bought what I thought was an MSI 560 GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II. After running afterburner, I realised that the Clock speed was at 870MHz. After inspecting the packaging I realised my mistake, that I had bought the non Ti version. I had done so much research and felt a complete idiot for buying the wrong version, but the price seemed right. I just checked the site again and looking at the specs, they stated that it was supposedly clocked at 880, meaning the site I bought it off were falsely advertising the regular 560 Twin frozrs clock speed and was the likely cause of my mistake. I plan to go Sli maybe in 6 months time, and am wondering if its possible to do this with a proper Ti card? I assume no, as I might stuck with this one but any info would be great to clear this up.

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Your assumption is correct, but don't fear, the regular GTX 560 is a great card, and is often a better value than the 560 ti. In 6 months prices will be perfect for grabbing a second card.
  2. Thanks for the quick reply. I am still kinda gutted, even thought it is such a small thing. I bought it with BF3 in mind and I cant help but feel sick that I will be losing out those few extra high settings. The Ti seemed perfect seeing as I will be playing on a 1440x900 monitor. But no spec released yet so I will have to see. And maybe seeing as it was incorrectly advertised I will get the refund, will have to see.
    Thanks again
  3. at the resolution your playing at the 560ti would be overkill. So the 560 is good for you
  4. Quote:
    at the resolution your playing at the 560ti would be overkill. So the 560 is good for you

This^^. While I don't believe in overkill, it looks like you actually lucked out and got the right card for yourself.
  5. 1440x900?

You have nothing to worry about, I'm more than sure the difference would be minor, plus seeing that the Ti version is like $50 more expensive, you could most likely just overclock it to get the same performance.
  6. You should not SLI with the Ti. I believe it might possibly run, but would throttle the Ti.
  7. Well I contacted the company and they admitted to having made the mistake on the site and agreed to take the card back, and they will also cover the postage! I know the Ti may be overkill but I also plan to upgrade my monitor in the next 6 months to a year so I feel better knowing I will have a slightly better card, and going Sli will also be improved, if needed. Thanks for the replys, my first time posting here and seems like a great community, no BS. See ye in BF3 :)
  8. kajabla said:
    You should not SLI with the Ti. I believe it might possibly run, but would throttle the Ti.

The Ti and non Ti cards might not run in SLi together due to different core counts.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics MSI-Microstar