New Gamecube Zelda Development is Finished

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.zelda,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

http://ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=36382

" Development for Zelda GC is complete. It should see release in Japan by
the end of this year. This means that Nintendo is spending the next several
months to make sure this game is bug-free and as perfect as possible."

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.zelda,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

Awesome.

I never cared for Zelda, until just recently. I always ended up with
Zelda(s) for each console, but never was able to really get into them. Just
picked up "Wind Waker" not too long ago (when it dropped to $20) and enjoyed
it immensly. It wasn't the cel-shaded graphics that put me off with
"Celda", just that I never cared for Zelda. "Wind Waker" was a pleasant
surprise though. Cel-shaded graphics set a tone that probably couldn't had
been set with 3D. Really liked the "artistic quality" of the cel-shaded
approach. Gameplay itself was also incredible, although probably would've
prefered Link being a few years older. "Wind Waker" inspired me to go back
to the older Zeldas. Plugging through the NES Zeldas now on a GBA using
flashcart and a NES emulator and plugging through OOT using N64 emulator on
PC. (I have a NES and N64, with Zelda carts, boxed away in closet.)

Anyway, as a Zelda "new-comer", I'm definetly looking forward to the new GC
Zelda!

Cheers!
-ES

THE rumor that our next Zelda game is Shigeru's Swan song? be true or
unknown??I read yesterday A pure-heart gamer was crying,"wait till we
play Zelda thru our 6th & 7th gen consoles, before the verdict of
greatest game series be REAL.I know the "TRIFORCE of POWERS is still
alive & well,tho I keep the part of WISDOM in my Liteworld, I suffer
greatly of those trapped in darklords's DARKWORLD.
MY Master"pen SWORD hears the crys,my blessed ones keep
your hearts pure please.My heart shall never rest till all is back in
your ritefull Liteworld.

Eras wrote:
> Awesome.
>
> I never cared for Zelda, until just recently. I always ended up with
> Zelda(s) for each console, but never was able to really get into them. Just
> picked up "Wind Waker" not too long ago (when it dropped to $20) and enjoyed
> it immensly. It wasn't the cel-shaded graphics that put me off with
> "Celda", just that I never cared for Zelda. "Wind Waker" was a pleasant
> surprise though. Cel-shaded graphics set a tone that probably couldn't had
> been set with 3D. Really liked the "artistic quality" of the cel-shaded
> approach. Gameplay itself was also incredible, although probably would've
> prefered Link being a few years older. "Wind Waker" inspired me to go back
> to the older Zeldas. Plugging through the NES Zeldas now on a GBA using
> flashcart and a NES emulator and plugging through OOT using N64 emulator on
> PC. (I have a NES and N64, with Zelda carts, boxed away in closet.)
>
> Anyway, as a Zelda "new-comer", I'm definetly looking forward to the new GC
> Zelda!
>
> Cheers!
> -ES

This new Zelda will allow a LttP-style overhead view when fighting in
dungeons, something I thought was sorely missing from OoT and WW. My
complaint about those two games (and a lot of other 3D action games) is
that the camera was too close to the ground.

--

Let it be known that on Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:46:50 -0500, atomguy@webtv.net
(Marshall Throcklepigeon) wrote:

>THE rumor that our next Zelda game is Shigeru's Swan song? be true or

Eiji Aonuma is now the producer of all Zelda games (he was the director of
Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.)

Jacob Oost wrote:
> Eras wrote:
> > Awesome.
> >
> > I never cared for Zelda, until just recently. I always ended up
with
> > Zelda(s) for each console, but never was able to really get into
them. Just
> > picked up "Wind Waker" not too long ago (when it dropped to $20)
and enjoyed
> > it immensly. It wasn't the cel-shaded graphics that put me off
with
> > "Celda", just that I never cared for Zelda. "Wind Waker" was a
pleasant
> > surprise though. Cel-shaded graphics set a tone that probably
couldn't had
> > been set with 3D. Really liked the "artistic quality" of the
cel-shaded
> > approach. Gameplay itself was also incredible, although probably
would've
> > prefered Link being a few years older. "Wind Waker" inspired me to
go back
> > to the older Zeldas. Plugging through the NES Zeldas now on a GBA
using
> > flashcart and a NES emulator and plugging through OOT using N64
emulator on
> > PC. (I have a NES and N64, with Zelda carts, boxed away in
closet.)

> > Anyway, as a Zelda "new-comer", I'm definetly looking forward to
the new GC
> > Zelda!
> >
> > Cheers!
> > -ES
>
> This new Zelda will allow a LttP-style overhead view when fighting in

> dungeons, something I thought was sorely missing from OoT and WW. My

> complaint about those two games (and a lot of other 3D action games)
is
> that the camera was too close to the ground.
>
> --

That will definately allow more accessibility for newcomers, but I sure
hope it's optional. I enjoy the 3rd person perspective in the 3D zelda
games.

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.zelda,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

Okay, I see what you mean now. I though you meant overhead like the old
2d Zelda games. And that would just be stupid. :)

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.zelda,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

Yes, that's the one I saw. I used gamespot for the screenshots because
I'm a subscriber, and that's the one.

Thanks for helping to clear that up.

Nathan Gibney wrote:
> That will definately allow more accessibility for newcomers, but I sure
> hope it's optional. I enjoy the 3rd person perspective in the 3D zelda
> games.

It's still third-person, it's just overhead instead of two feet off the
ground, behind Link. Dig around on IGN for some screenshots.

Anyway, the dungeon and puzzle design in Zelda games lends itself to the
overhead view, I believe, though the behind-the-shoulder view is better
for roaming around outside.

--

Nathan Gibney wrote:
> Okay, I see what you mean now. I though you meant overhead like the old
> 2d Zelda games. And that would just be stupid. :)

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/img_2123585.html

There. That's what I'm talking about.