Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Need help with my build 850$ budget

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 24, 2011 7:35:03 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: (e.g.: this week (the closer the better))


Budget Range: 700-850 Before Rebates


System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, watching movies, surfing the web




Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Microcenter if possible then Newegg



Parts Preferences: Intel, Nvidia


Overclocking: Maybe


SLI or Crossfire: No


Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050


Additional Comments:


Here is what I have so far

EVGA 012-P3-1571-KR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1280MB $319.99
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

Crucial Ballistix Sport Series 8GB DDR3-1600 $79.99
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA 6.0 $64.99
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

OCZ Technology ModXStream Pro 700W Modular ATX $89.99
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

Intel Core i5 2500K LGA 1155 Boxed Processor $179.99
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

Biostar TZ68A+RCH $109.99 (With CPU discount its 69.99)
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

I was wondering if the i7 2600 would be worth it to get over the 2500k? I also need help deciding on the Hard drive. I don't know if Sata 6.0 is worth it over 3.0? I also need help finding a cheap motherboard that is good.(I already found a case that I'm going to get from a friend). Thanks

More about : build 850 budget

August 24, 2011 8:36:53 PM

If mostly for gaming the 2600K is not worth the extra money. Don't get a 12GB triple channel kit they are designed for LGA1366 systems, a dual channel 2 x 4GB kit is plenty for gaming. Get a Z68 board from Asus, Gigabyte, Asrock or MSI.
Score
0
August 24, 2011 9:01:16 PM

The Sata 3 is going to show a benifit when your running an SSD that also has Sata 3
Score
0
Related resources
August 25, 2011 1:50:21 AM

I also am looking for a good CPU fan/heatsink. Does anyone have any recommendations for those? Thanks
Score
0
August 25, 2011 2:03:27 AM

Ok fixed. Thanks why_me
Score
0
August 25, 2011 3:18:25 AM

12 gb for (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)? far out.
Score
0
August 25, 2011 3:25:59 AM

Oops sorry about that. Now it's fixed and I changed it to 8 GB's of ram now.
Score
0
August 25, 2011 3:33:13 AM

hey you said with cpu discount...so does that mean microcenter still offers the $40 off any intel compatible mobo?
i started a thread but no one answered so i figured you can tell me
Score
0
August 25, 2011 3:37:36 AM

Wiggles said:
Oops sorry about that. Now it's fixed and I changed it to 8 GB's of ram now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $69.99 - $49.99 after mail-in rebate FREE SHIPPING
Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-620 620W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $109.99 FREE SHIPPING
ASRock P67 PRO3 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $49.99 FREE SHIPPING
Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory with heatshield Model PSD38G1600KH
Score
0
August 25, 2011 3:50:43 AM

fury0609 said:
hey you said with cpu discount...so does that mean microcenter still offers the $40 off any intel compatible mobo?
i started a thread but no one answered so i figured you can tell me


I'm not sure how it works. All I know is that when I went into my shopping cart it made the motherboard 40$ cheaper.

@Why_Me Thanks for the PSU recommendation. Is there anyway you can find a good motherboard on microcenter instead because of the 40$ off I get with the I5 CPU? Thanks
Score
0
August 25, 2011 4:05:43 AM

Go with the gigabyte z68 ud3h+i5 2500k combo for $280 at microcenter.
Score
0
August 25, 2011 4:39:01 AM

mortonww said:
Go with the gigabyte z68 ud3h+i5 2500k combo for $280 at microcenter.


What about this ASRock mobo? It's at Microcenter too just posting it from Newegg so you can see the reviews too.

ASRock Z68 PRO3-M LGA 1155
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-157-...
Score
0

Best solution

August 25, 2011 4:44:39 AM

Wiggles said:
What about this ASRock mobo? It's at Microcenter too just posting it from Newegg so you can see the reviews too.

ASRock Z68 PRO3-M LGA 1155
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-157-...

That Asrock Z68 board hit 4.9gz when Tweak Town reviewed it. It's a good one.
Share
August 25, 2011 4:49:25 AM

How high could I overclock the I5-2500k with the default fan/heatsink that comes with it? Thanks
Score
0
August 25, 2011 5:20:20 AM

Why_Me said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... <--- that one. Decent, not expensive and comes with good thermal paste



Ok Thanks. I also saw 2 corsair vengeance rams that I think are the same, but not sure. The only difference is the Mfr Part#. Maybe Microcenter forget to add that last #? That would be great if someone could help with this too. Thanks

This one says for model # : CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-233-...

This one says Mfr Part #: CMZ8GX3M2A1600C
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
Score
0
August 25, 2011 5:35:19 AM

Wiggles said:
Ok Thanks. I also saw 2 corsair vengeance rams that I think are the same, but not sure. The only difference is the Mfr Part#. Maybe Microcenter forget to add that last #? That would be great if someone could help with this too. Thanks

This one says for model # : CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-233-...

This one says Mfr Part #: CMZ8GX3M2A1600C
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

Either one will work fine...that set at microcenter is spendy though. Just make sure the RAM is 1.5v as both of those sets are. G.Skill, Corsair, Kingston, Patriot, Crucial...any of those brands will do.
Score
0
August 25, 2011 5:37:27 AM

Why_Me said:
Either one will work fine...that set at microcenter is spendy though. Just make sure the RAM is 1.5v as both of those sets are. G.Skill, Corsair, Kingston, Patriot, Crucial...any of those brands will do.



So this Crucial memory will work good then? (Ballistix Sport Series 8GB DDR3-1600)
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
Score
0
August 25, 2011 5:56:05 PM

@rolli59 Im getting it from a friend at a discounted rate. Thanks for all your help guys
Score
0
October 13, 2011 8:38:40 PM

Best answer selected by Proximon.
Score
0
October 13, 2011 8:38:46 PM

This topic has been closed by Proximon
Score
0
!