Hi, I'm new here. Here is my spec:

Intel Core i5 2500 @3.30 GHz
Gigabyte GA-P61A-D3 with BIOS ver F5
NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
2 4Gb RAM DDR3
Seagete Baracuda 2 TB SATA2 and Seagete Baracuda 2TB SATA3
DVDRW
600 Watts PSU

My PC is brand new, about 1 month or so. But after a week it produce high pitched noise from Motherboard/CPU area. The noise quiet loud that you can hear it from outside the room and very high pitched. The noise became audible if my CPU working and the noise stop when CPU idle, but after 1 hour run the noise became constant. I've try the Regedit/Power Option solution but the noise still exist.

Can somebody help me, the noise really drives me insane and I'm almost at wits end.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Could be one of the fans from the CPU cooler. Easy to diagnose: stick a pencil in a fan while it's spinning to make it stop for a sec. If the noise goes away, you have a culprit.
The CPU are thermally protected nowadays, no need to worry about overheat damage.
Oh, and if the chipset is actively cooled (has a fan on it), will have to check that as well.

The noise is still there now, or it was still there while the fans were blocked?
If noise still there while stopping a fan, that particular fan is not the culprit. If the noise stops while the fan is stopped, you got it.
Don't forget the fan inside the PSU and the GPU cooler, as well.

lantz44

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
The fan isn't the problem because I turn off every fan one at a time by unplug the power (only PSU, CPU, GPU fan I use my finger to stop it) and the noise still audible. But...

I'm very very sorry my fellow tom's hardware friends.

The real problem is "There is not enough power to supply my PSU" because
1. My PSU is 600watts
2. Because unstable voltage at my place I use voltage stabilizer to make sure the output voltage is 210~230 volt.
3. But my stupidity is I DO NOT check the capacity of my voltage stabilizer, it only supply 500 watts.
4. So I change my voltage stabilizer to 1000watt capacity and the noise is gone.

Then again I'm very very sorry...
Thank you all who already participate in my thread.
Have a nice day... Case Closed

It's OK, we all make mistakes. Glad it worked out.

Solution