Power supply: Corsair TX V2 750W PSU
GPU's: ASUS GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB
ASUS GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB
DVD DRIVE: Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Burner
WIFI CARD: LINKSYS WIRELESS-N WMP600n PCI ADAPTER WITH DUAL-BAND
Light Mod: NZXT Sleeved LED Kit Cable 1M Blue
140mm casefan:ANTEC TWO-COOL 140MM BLUE

Have a problem with my new build ..

Think there is something wrong with my Samsung Spinpoint 1TB F3 OR OCZ Agility 3 60GB.

First I installed the OS on SpinPoint (HDD) and would use the SSD as SRT. But right when I got the OS on HDD, it began to make that sound that you often heard the old hard drives make when they load. VERY annoying. And after installing the drivers, I could not boot anymore. There was just the one blinking cursor after the Bios messages.
Now I found out that the SATA inputs on my motherboard, are not all the same (first time building a computer). So moved them from Intel 3Gb / s to Marvell 6GB / s.
Deleted everything and installed the OS on SSD.
Everything was faster and boot time epic, etc. but when I installed crysis 2 and maxed out settings, etc., I got strange lags:

Every 3 seconds the picture froze for approx. ½ sec and the sound from my speakers made a weird noise, like when you tear out the jack stick from your computer.

Then I found out that the HDD is does not support 6GB / s, so then i moved it down to Intel 3Gb / s again and SSD to Intel 6GB / s (had not seen the intel 6GB / s before).

Now I could play crysis 2 without the stupid lag! and thought everything was super!
BUT
all of the sudden, began my mouse to do the same, it stopped all the time.
and when I play music, there are also noisy lags.
NOW
I tryed to play music from SSD (all stuff on the HDD) but it lagged aswell!

So now the question is the more so:
Think of it SpinPoint there is something wrong with, or could it be SSD? or maybe even something else?

i just tryed taking out the HDD but then i get the blinking cursor thing again...
this time i figured out that you can restore last working session so i am allright.
BUT i still think there is something really wrong.

Here are two pictures of the system, dont know if it helps (pictures are before i switched SATA cables around. also is that really that important?)

3 answers Last reply
More about problem help
  1. I am sending back the HDD to the company.

I just formatted my OS on the SSD and everything runs perfect now.
    Also because of all the weird noises it made i am pretty sure it was damaged.

But thank you for your reply!
  2. omg NVM!

thought everything ran perfectly, but then i got crysis 2 installed and it still lags!

does this mean that both my HDD and SSD is damaged??
    or is it the rams?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build SSD Hard Drives Systems