X Windows on ThinkPad 340CSE

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 20, 2005 4:24:51 AM

Hi,

I've got an old IBM ThinkPad 340CSE, installed Slackware 7.1 (well,
ZipSlack plus some selected packages) and would like to get X windows
working.

The build in Cirrus GD6245 should support 640x480x8, but I can only get
it runnig at 320x200x4.

Any help, hints, links as to how to configure the X windows system would
be much appreciated.
September 23, 2008 10:15:49 AM

Dear Friend

I am also using ThinkPad 340CSE with BIOS updated and the display resolution is 640 x 480 with 256colours. It is installed with Windows95 is the OS, MS Office97b, Internet explorer 5.01, Adobe 4.01, Winzip 8.0, Actisys 220L+ infrared adapter. The ThinkPad is working very well. If you require any information please contact on my email id; tasrinivas1149@gmail.com

Regards

T.A.Srinivas
September 23, 2008 4:31:53 PM

FYI, a good place to check for running linux on ThinkPads is the ThinkWiki.
!