Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Buying this new build. please give helpfull criticism.

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 24, 2011 8:23:09 PM

is my build good for mid-level gaming using high graphic settings? is my motherboard good? using the parts i have chosen, i will be using around 600w of power. if i buy a corsair 650w psu will it suffice? or will i need to buy a psu that offers more wattage. please give names of good psu companies and the amount of wattage is should be looking for. BELOW ARE MY SPECS---

CPU- Intel i5 2500k

CASE- Azza Orion

VIDEO CARD- AMD Radeon 6850

MOTHERBOARD- Asus P8Z68-V LX

MEMORY- 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz

PSU- Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2 650 Watts

HARD DRIVE- 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

COOLING- Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System

MONITOR (uses 25w of power)- AOC e2243fwI

WILL BE USING WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM

will only having 25w extra be enough?
August 24, 2011 8:33:52 PM

no clue where you got your power use from but that system would be lucky to break 300w at peak even with moderate over clocking.

the corsair PSU is more then capable to power that system, you could run two AMD 6850 in crossfire if you wanted to.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 25, 2011 1:46:57 AM

on cyberpower pc there is a meter that shows you how much wattage your pc will be using and it tells me 600W. are you sure they are wrong?
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 4:04:12 AM

napsterlone said:
on cyberpower pc there is a meter that shows you how much wattage your pc will be using and it tells me 600W. are you sure they are wrong?

Yes! The calculator I linked to is the most accurate I have come across. Here is a link to few actual power consumption benchmarks it is total system power http://www.anandtech.com/show/4061/amds-radeon-hd-6970-...
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 4:10:42 AM

Also, the monitor's wattage does not count against you. That wattage comes straight from the wall, not your PSU
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 1:47:43 PM

rolli59 said:
Yes! The calculator I linked to is the most accurate I have come across. Here is a link to few actual power consumption benchmarks it is total system power http://www.anandtech.com/show/4061/amds-radeon-hd-6970-...



could you please give me a list of the exact power consumption for my listed parts? thanks
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 3:08:36 PM

napsterlone said:
could you please give me a list of the exact power consumption for my listed parts? thanks

I get 326watts plugging it into the calculator (replacing your cooling with a different one) at 100% tdp.
m
0
l
!