Accessing Bios on Asus p9x79 Deluxe

newmember27

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
I've got a working system with a I7-3930k processor and a Asus P9x79 Deluxe. A friend of mine setup the bios and installed the operating system.

There are a free tweets that I need to make that I'm sure how to.

-Don't know how to get into the bios. I think there is a button on mobo, but would like to know a way that I wouldn't have to open up the case).
-Need to setup secondary hard drives in raid with marvel controller on motherboard
-On the startup menu there is a fan error (Nd-H14) where I have to press F1 to continue. I think it's moving too slowly for the mobo on startup.

I don't have a wired keyboard with me right now (I don't know if this would be problem). The bios should be up to date.

Thanks!

- Press repeatably the Delete (DEL) key on your keyboard to enter the BIOS. Wired or Wireless make sure it's connected to the Black USB ports (not Blue) and it's best to use the top Black USB ports <or> you'll need a different Keyboard/Mouse to access the BIOS.

- Don't use the Marvell controller for RAID, and 9/10 your friend improperly installed the OS for any RAID to work properly. See my Guide - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/303873-30-wont-resume-sleep-booted-raid#t2068879

- The Fan Error is separate from the 'Overclock Failure Press F1'

> To correct the (CPU Fan Error):
/BIOS
CPU Fan Speed Low Limit -> 400~500 RPM
F10 Save & Exit = Yes

> To correct the (F1 Error):
/BIOS
AI Overclock Tuner -> XMP and use Profile 1
/make sure the RAM is properly seated, the DIMM slots are 'locked-in' and the RAM is installed in the correct DIMM slots; see -> http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/Jaquith/ASUS_Quad_Channel.gif

newmember27

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
I've gotten into the bios. I changed the cpu fan speed and that seems fixed.

The CPU OPT speed is red and at 512 rpm about. Not sure how to edit that setting.

The operating system is on my SSD. My friend didn't create a raid (by I'm planning on installing it). All of the ram shows up on windows and during the bios.

Then ditto with the CPU OPT Speed Low Limit -> 400~500 RPM or Ignore. As far as a 'Color' in the BIOS ignore it, anything less than 600 RPM by Default is an Alarm or Warning. So you can set the lower limits, but on the Primary 'CPU FAN' I don't recommend Disabling the 'alarm' in the BIOS.

Q - What about the (F1) issue??

On page 3-38 of your manual I saw it listed, so change them all to 400~500 RPM. Otherwise you might need to get a Y-adapter and only use the CPU FAN. The other choice is to ramp-up the profiles and make the CPU Fans spin faster, and use a 'Manual' Profile instead of the Standard.

Q - Are you still getting a Warning @ Boot/Post or is that gone?

Hiplaaja

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

Thank you very very much! You saved my day :) I also had the "cpu fan error press F1". I followed your advice and it worked like a charm with Asus x79-Deluxe and Noctua NH-D14