Question re Toshiba laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 20, 2005 12:01:38 AM

Hi,

I have second hand Toshiba laptop I purchased for my wife.

It work fine (a bit slow though, but I will add memory).

I have two problems (it runs XP)
1. Mic - there a mic jack on the machine but can't get the mic to work,
it is not muted. There is self test tool, but he recording indicator is
grayed.

2. Also on power section on control panel i cannot start the power
section of Toshiba, nothing launched.

Any ideas? Anywhere else to look?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 20, 2005 5:57:43 AM

oopps

Toshiba Portege 2010
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 20, 2005 5:32:25 PM

roni.segoly@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have second hand Toshiba laptop I purchased for my wife.
>
> It work fine (a bit slow though, but I will add memory).
>
> I have two problems (it runs XP)
> 1. Mic - there a mic jack on the machine but can't get the mic to work,
> it is not muted. There is self test tool, but he recording indicator is
> grayed.
>
> 2. Also on power section on control panel i cannot start the power
> section of Toshiba, nothing launched.
>
> Any ideas? Anywhere else to look?

Model Number ??
a b D Laptop
August 21, 2005 9:22:06 PM

There are two different kinds of computer microphones, dynamic and
capacitance. You might have the wrong type. The quickest way to test a
mic is with the Windows tool "Sound Recorder" (start / programs /
accessories / multimedia (or "Entertainment") / sound recorder on MOST
computers).

On many Toshiba laptops, the power section is not a stand alone program
but rather a tab(s) added to the "Power Management" applet in Control Panel.

roni.segoly@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have second hand Toshiba laptop I purchased for my wife.
>
> It work fine (a bit slow though, but I will add memory).
>
> I have two problems (it runs XP)
> 1. Mic - there a mic jack on the machine but can't get the mic to work,
> it is not muted. There is self test tool, but he recording indicator is
> grayed.
>
> 2. Also on power section on control panel i cannot start the power
> section of Toshiba, nothing launched.
>
> Any ideas? Anywhere else to look?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 22, 2005 5:02:09 AM

Yes please

my email is roni.segoly@gmail.com
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 22, 2005 12:04:54 PM

rsegoly wrote:
> oopps
>

> Toshiba Portege 2010

I have a PDF format service repair manual titled "P 2000 series" if you
think that might be of assistance.

Regards
Echy
Melbourne, Australia