Windows Explorer folder

How do I get Windows Explorer to open to C: and NOT "My Documents"?

Hi Nancy

Go to Programs>Accessories, right click on the WE icon and select
Properties. Type or copy/paste the following into the 'Target:' box to have
WE open with
the C drive expanded:

%systemroot%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

A new Desktop shortcut for WE can be created with the same command.

Also have a look at the following article:

"Windows Explorer Command-Line Options"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152457

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"davdun75" <davdun75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| How do I get Windows Explorer to open to C: and NOT "My Documents"?

Thank you that worked for me --Ronda (from another post)
I love it!!

us;152457

>--
>
>Will Denny
>MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
>Please reply to the News Groups
>

>"davdun75" <davdun75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
463A289066FD@microsoft.com...
>| How do I get Windows Explorer to open to C: and
NOT "My Documents"?

>.

You're very welcome.

--

Thanks much... I find this more convenient but had forgotten the command line parameters. David - davdun75@msn.com

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi Nancy
>
> Go to Programs>Accessories, right click on the WE icon and select
> Properties. Type or copy/paste the following into the 'Target:' box to have
> WE open with
> the C drive expanded:
>
> %systemroot%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:
>
> A new Desktop shortcut for WE can be created with the same command.
>
> Also have a look at the following article:
>
> "Windows Explorer Command-Line Options"
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152457
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "davdun75" <davdun75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | How do I get Windows Explorer to open to C: and NOT "My Documents"?

You're welcome.

--

| Thanks much... I find this more convenient but had forgotten the command
line parameters. David - davdun75@msn.com

| "Will Denny" wrote:
|
| > Hi Nancy
| >
| > Go to Programs>Accessories, right click on the WE icon and select
| > Properties. Type or copy/paste the following into the 'Target:' box to
have
| > WE open with
| > the C drive expanded:
| >
| > %systemroot%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:
| >
| > A new Desktop shortcut for WE can be created with the same command.
| >
| > Also have a look at the following article:
| >
| > "Windows Explorer Command-Line Options"
| > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152457
| >
| > --
| >
| > Will Denny
| > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
| > Please reply to the News Groups
| >

| > "davdun75" <davdun75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | How do I get Windows Explorer to open to C: and NOT "My Documents"?

You might want to check out:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q152457