Windows Explorer folder

How do I get Windows Explorer to open to C: and NOT "My Documents"?
6 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer folder

    Hi Nancy

    Go to Programs>Accessories, right click on the WE icon and select
    Properties. Type or copy/paste the following into the 'Target:' box to have
    WE open with
    the C drive expanded:

    %systemroot%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

    A new Desktop shortcut for WE can be created with the same command.

    Also have a look at the following article:

    "Windows Explorer Command-Line Options"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152457

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "davdun75" <davdun75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | How do I get Windows Explorer to open to C: and NOT "My Documents"?

    Thank you that worked for me --Ronda (from another post)
    I love it!!

    us;152457

    >--
    >
    >Will Denny
    >MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    >Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    >"davdun75" <davdun75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    463A289066FD@microsoft.com...
    >| How do I get Windows Explorer to open to C: and
    NOT "My Documents"?

    >.

    You're very welcome.

    --

    Thanks much... I find this more convenient but had forgotten the command line parameters. David - davdun75@msn.com

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi Nancy
    >
    > Go to Programs>Accessories, right click on the WE icon and select
    > Properties. Type or copy/paste the following into the 'Target:' box to have
    > WE open with
    > the C drive expanded:
    >
    > %systemroot%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:
    >
    > A new Desktop shortcut for WE can be created with the same command.
    >
    > Also have a look at the following article:
    >
    > "Windows Explorer Command-Line Options"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152457
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "davdun75" <davdun75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > | How do I get Windows Explorer to open to C: and NOT "My Documents"?

    You're welcome.

    --

    | Thanks much... I find this more convenient but had forgotten the command
    line parameters. David - davdun75@msn.com

    | "Will Denny" wrote:
    |
    | > Hi Nancy
    | >
    | > Go to Programs>Accessories, right click on the WE icon and select
    | > Properties. Type or copy/paste the following into the 'Target:' box to
    have
    | > WE open with
    | > the C drive expanded:
    | >
    | > %systemroot%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:
    | >
    | > A new Desktop shortcut for WE can be created with the same command.
    | >
    | > Also have a look at the following article:
    | >
    | > "Windows Explorer Command-Line Options"
    | > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152457
    | >
    | > --
    | >
    | > Will Denny
    | > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    | > Please reply to the News Groups
    | >

    | > "davdun75" <davdun75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > | How do I get Windows Explorer to open to C: and NOT "My Documents"?

    You might want to check out:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q152457

    "davdun75" <davdun75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks much... I find this more convenient but had forgotten the command
    line parameters. David - davdun75@msn.com

    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Nancy
    > >
    > > Go to Programs>Accessories, right click on the WE icon and select
    > > Properties. Type or copy/paste the following into the 'Target:' box to
    have
    > > WE open with
    > > the C drive expanded:
    > >
    > > %systemroot%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:
    > >
    > > A new Desktop shortcut for WE can be created with the same command.
    > >
    > > Also have a look at the following article:
    > >
    > > "Windows Explorer Command-Line Options"
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152457
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Will Denny
    > > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    > > Please reply to the News Groups
    > >

    > > "davdun75" <davdun75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > | How do I get Windows Explorer to open to C: and NOT "My Documents"?

Configuration Windows Explorer My Documents Microsoft Customization Windows XP