GigabyteGTX560Ti SuperOverclocked VS MSI GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II

aleksanderness

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
So which one should I get.
The MSI is cheaper
The gigabyte is better but how much better ?
Will i notice it in games?
I dont care about how silent it is due to the pc not being in the same room as i am.
Which one will work best with my current pc:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850, 3000 MHz (9 x 333)
Asus P5N-D
2x 2GB Corsair XMS2 400 MHz
PSU Silver Power SP-SS500 500W

I know my CPU is slow and will be bottlenecking the GTX but I will buy a new CPU at the end of the summer.
But until than I will overclock my CPU to atleast 3,7 Ghz.
How big % loss of my pgu's performance can i expect to loose, due to weak CPU?

Gigabyte super overclocked
Graphics Processor / Vendor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Clock Speed ​​1000 MHz
Video Memory 1 GB
Technology GDDR5 SDRAM 256-bit
Memory Clock Speed ​​4.58 GHz
Features Nvidia SLI Multi-GPU Technology, GIGABYTE GPU Gauntlet Sorting, Nvidia CUDA technology, Nvidia PureVideo HD technology, Nvidia PhysX-Ready, GIGABYTE Super overclock, Gigabyte wind force 2x Ultra Durable VGA +, OC Guru

MSI Twin Frozr II
Graph Graphic Processor / Vendor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Clock Speed ​​880 MHz
RAMDAC Clock Speed ​​400 MHz
Video Memory 1 GB
Technology GDDR5 SDRAM 256-bit
Memory Clock Speed ​​4.2 GHz
Features Nvidia SLI Multi-GPU Technology, MSI SuperPipe Technology, MSI Solid Capacitor, Nvidia CUDA technology, Nvidia PureVideo HD technology, Nvidia PhysX-Ready, Twin Frozr II Thermal Design, Nvidia 3D Vision Technology, Nvidia 3D Vision Surround Ready, Military Class ll Component

Scoregie

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
This is the first time I've given advice on here... Anyway here goes.
I'd be inclined to buying the one with the best cooling solution and the best quality based components. From experience Gigabyte is good quality i haven't actually bought a MSI card but i hear really good overclocking results on the twin frozer so much so that it can reach gtx 570 levels (not 100% sure about that), In the end if you overclock the MSI one you wont see much difference. About the CPU bottleneck I'm not to sure about that if you overclock to 3.7Ghz I'm confident you'll have an enjoyable experience with your gaming but it also depends on the resolution that you'll be playing on.

I hope I help... (PS i just looked at a picture of both cards the cooling on both look good i choose the cheaper one)