Windows Messenger Uninstall?

July 7, 2004 2:02:01 PM

Although I have gone to Add/Delete Programs/Windows Applications and removed the check beside Messenger, I continue to get an annoying pop-up asking me to update Windows Messenger which I don't and won't use. Is there a step-by-step process that I may follow to insure WMessenger's un-installation? Thanks
July 7, 2004 2:55:35 PM

First, either engage XP's ICF or better yet, install a 3rd party firewall.
After you have done that, go to the following link and download and run the
"remove" script from the following link.
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm
Thanks to Doug Knox

HTH, JAX

"dk" <dk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Although I have gone to Add/Delete Programs/Windows Applications and
removed the check beside Messenger, I continue to get an annoying pop-up
asking me to update Windows Messenger which I don't and won't use. Is
there a step-by-step process that I may follow to insure WMessenger's
un-installation? Thanks
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 1:33:01 AM

YOU CAN DELETE BY YOUR SELF JUST CLOSE THE MESSENGER IN THE TASK BAR AND GO TO C PROGRAM FILES MESSENGER AND DELETE THE FOLDER IF YOU RECIVE THE ADVERTISEMENT OF (PROGRAM SHOULD NOT WORK) IT DODESNT MATTER YOU JUST DELETE IT

!