Sign in with
Your question

ASRock Extreme 4, which display port to use for Virtu MVP?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 28, 2012 2:09:36 AM

Hi, I am struggling to figure out which display port I should use to best utilize what my mobo & GPU have to offer:

My mobo have "Lucid Virtu" label on its display ports(D-Sub & DVI-D &HDMI), I am getting a Gigabyte GTX 670 with out put for DVI-D, DVI-I, HDMI and display port. Which one of these 7 ports should I connect to my 120hz monitor for best performance?
September 12, 2012 11:41:56 PM

sherlockwing said:
Hi, I am struggling to figure out which display port I should use to best utilize what my mobo & GPU have to offer:

My mobo have "Lucid Virtu" label on its display ports(D-Sub & DVI-D &HDMI), I am getting a Gigabyte GTX 670 with out put for DVI-D, DVI-I, HDMI and display port. Which one of these 7 ports should I connect to my 120hz monitor for best performance?

Use the DVI (I or D) port on the Video card.

Vitru is a buggy software, I once supported it but it seems to have a very big lack of support and compatibility. When it DID work for me, it would give me ramped increases, so for example, on a game that is supported by virtu (ohh yeah they dont support all games) if I had 60 fps smooth from my video card, turning on virtu would ramp from 60 to 70 every second or two, so every second or two i would get 10 extra frames, it really breaks the smoothness of gameplay.
!