Sign in with
Your question

Comparing these two mobo asrock-asus

Last response: in Motherboards
August 28, 2012 4:26:15 AM

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/p9x79-deluxe-g1-ass...

In that article they are side by side for comparison. The price break is about the same for the two boards. I am new to this build, however once I build one I am sure I will notice the differences, as I am sure the vets do around here. On that note... between the ASRock
X79 Extreme9 & Asus P9X79 WS Performance wise which will do a better job please?

Also a couple other things while you are looking:

I assume these boards are ATX (still trying to see where I can read that, it is hit and miss) and will fit into this case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This case comes with 5 fans -cool ehh? No pun intended! I did notice that the MOBO's in question have 3 prong molex sockets and such, to have fan speed control. Yet it appears that this case comes with 2 pronged molex plugs. How or with what do I overcome that challenge? (buy a diff case?) The case is sitting in my shopping cart, but thought to ask you folks. Recap- MOBO which one and fan plugs... Thanks in advance for your help on this, really appreciate it.

For a background on this build:

3930k processor
32 Gb of ram
1 Nvidia Quadro 4000 and later maybe a 580 or 6?? GTX for some Battlefield? Most I would run is 2 cards= 4 GB of video ram is sufficient for my app.
128 ssd c drive
128 ssd d drive
2 tb of storage
2tb of back up

I am Video editing HD video with AVID BTW...
a b V Motherboard
August 28, 2012 10:47:50 AM

I'd go for the ASRock! The NCIX guy on youtube which I think is the awesomest reviewer got himself the Extreme9 and he's damn happy. And anything he buys cannot be sucky! And yes, it will fit in the case easily!

Awesome system you got there btw! Stunning actually! :) 
m
l
August 28, 2012 6:04:35 PM

arzbhatia said:
I'd go for the ASRock! The NCIX guy on youtube which I think is the awesomest reviewer got himself the Extreme9 and he's damn happy. And anything he buys cannot be sucky! And yes, it will fit in the case easily!

Awesome system you got there btw! Stunning actually! :) 

Thanks for input on that. Care to elaborate on it?

I mean how or why is one over the other. BTW...?

I read that a senior reviewer decided on the Asrock board. Yet, that could have been a gimmee and if that were my case, I bet I would be using the freebee too. LOL!

These both are about the same price with a few differences that I read via the link provided. Yet, I am not so tech savvy to know the difference as of yet. Hence me asking on here for a look over from a vet, or a techy. along with my application and hardware.
Thank you for the compliment as well. With video editing and movie making it is a 'big boys club' where I am just getting entry level stuff to wing it, for now.

Regards,
Netcom
m
l
Related resources
August 29, 2012 7:31:09 PM

Now there was an introduction to a strange world.... Wow.. That guys was a tweeker, without the drugs. I am still undecided, as his issues were color and sound not performance. Strange Brew, that man is... LOL!
I do not care what the color the inside is as long as I am getting a superior speed, options and longevity for the same $$
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2012 9:31:24 AM

The Extreme9 is an AMAZING board. I've tested it. It's amazing :) 
m
l
!