.co.uk forum bugs

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
im so sick now of this forum how long have we had a non fully functional forum? since we moved to this bit of crap, why cant you use a bb forum atleast they WORK. anyway heres a list of bugs.

- quick edit no longer works, simply displays a 'cancel' button.

- You cant view results of polls, it says 'your vote has been took into account' then the next time you press it 'access is denied'

-The other edit button displays 'you do not have permission to edit this post'.

- if you forget to choose a subsection you loose everything you typed in.

- large avatars can really screw up the layout, so can large sigs or pictures in general.

-whats the point in 'related threads'?

im sure theres more but i cant think of them atm.

randomizer

Champion

I had that for a day, then it worked fine.

What? Well for starters you can't vote if you click "see results", if you read underneath it says "Warning, if you click on "see results", you won't be able to vote".

Yep, had that a few times.

Don't get what you're saying here.

That happens on any forum, which is why avatars are meant to be limited in size.

I think it just does a keyword search and pulls up random threads to display. There's a "related articles" or something for the main site too, and it sometimes has 5-year-old articles shown in there.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005

you cant view the results at all, doesnt matter if you vote or not, ive never been able to view the results of any poll.

RobD

Champion
I've had, and still get, both the errors with the edit function. I tried the quick edit just now, and all you get is a big fat "cancel" button in the middle without any text.

The subsection issue happens too. I've had it several times and it's sodding annoying.

randomizer

Champion
I see what you mean about the quick edit, I realised I was using the US site before so I didn't get it. I am not getting the the permission problem with the full edit though. I also came across the poll issue, that's also quite annoying. I still don't get this sub-section thing you're talking about.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
yea, it doesnt make sense the why use different code on the UK site to the US site? even the way the forum handles images is different for the .com forum.

the subsection is when you go to create a new topic, you have to choose a subsection of that forum, it doesn't default to anything, if you click finish and forget to choose a subsection you will loose everything you have typed in.

randomizer

Champion
I don't remember the last time I created a thread so that's why I guess this hasn't bothered me. It should check and return you to the form if you didn't enter one. They really should unify the two forums rather than develop them independently.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
im just bumping this, the edit post features have never worked since the forum was created, and my last post got buried somewhere...

i have another bug for it aswell, im at work and my internet is filtered by county, all the images on this site are filtered (smilies, avatars, flags etc) however it appears that the submit button for saving changes to a post when using the edit feature is a image and therefore i have no way of submitting changes to my posts.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
toms.gif

also just noticed the button is also missing when i click 'post reply' so i can only ever respond to posts using 'Quick Reply'

Rather than start a new thread, I will just add my issues in here.

Same as above, I am unable to edit posts.
Quick edit only brings up a Cancel button.
Standard edit will let you change the text but when you go to apply the changes, it tells me "You are not allowed to edit this message!".

Voting does not work properly.
Same issues as above.
The signatures are gone.
Did the prompt to add them move?

An odd thing since the last update.
Above the submit button there is a green check mark with text.
THGButton.jpg

FYI,
Posting from Germany, logged into the U.S. site.
Forums list as UK site.
Same issues on three different machines running IE explorer, Opera and FireFox respectively.

Nearly forgot.
The thumbs up, thumbs down feature seems to have some issues.
When I use it, it will initially show the results.
If I immediately reload the page, the + or - will be gone.
When I try to add my vote back, I am told an error has occurred.
Not a major issue but annoying none the less.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
ive got another one,

when you click on the name of someone who has posted then click "Access to the whole list of his/her messages" it comes up with the message "
Sorry, no answer could be found! "

major53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
Flakes had same problem where it wouldn't log me out,try going into tools on browser and go to clear private data,that worked for me,but I still have a problem with it showing my sig at bottom of post.hope this helps you out,if you know fix for my sig problem would be most thankful for any help.

gsteacy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008

The logout button is not always deleting the session cookies. Clearing cookies for tomshardware.com and/or tomshardware.co.uk will log you out. This problem is going to take some time to fix apparently.