Sign in with
Your question

Comp crashing need help!

Last response: in Systems
August 25, 2011 9:24:23 AM

Hey, This is a 2 year old comp and i just installed Windows 7 onto it. It ran really nicely for about 2 days then i was playing WoW and it crashed.. This is when the problem started (I have had occasional crashes but weren't to serious) now when i turn on my comp it starts up shows the Mobo logo and crashes, or it gets past that logo and crashes at the different sections of start up.. It never crashes at the same time it did before.. It doesn't freeze or anything, doesn't give me a blue error screen or anything, just plain crashes and turns off.. I took out all parts and cleaned them, still no hope getting it to work. The mobo light is still on, so the Power Supply is working. I am really clueless to what the problem is here.
Sorry for the long post and if it is confusing. :)  (sorry if in the wrong section)

More about : comp crashing

August 25, 2011 10:34:43 AM

werner123 said:
Hi, i assume it worked fine until you installed windows 7? but to blame windows 7 is not an option. Just imminent hardware failure, you obviously have a hardware issue.

Did it get worse after cleaning it? how do you clean your pc?

You should test with other memory, power supply and graphics card

Go to bios and reload optimized defaults, if you can get in your bios that is.

if that does not help clear your motherboard's cmos, refer to your motherboard's manual.

Hey, thanks for the reply.
It didnt get any better or any worse after i cleaned it. I just cleaned some dust of some parts with a paper towel..
My memory is good i think, and my power supply is putting a green light on my mobo, so its working?
I cant get into my bio's and even if i did it would crash whilst im in there.
Im not to sure how to clear my cmos but i will look into that. thanks
m
l
August 25, 2011 11:26:44 AM

what are system specs, if it has more than one ram stick, try only one, then swap it with the other, try each stick individually see if it helps
m
l
Related resources
August 26, 2011 6:55:02 AM

dhicks19 said:
what are system specs, if it has more than one ram stick, try only one, then swap it with the other, try each stick individually see if it helps

I have tried the Switching ram still the same :( , Oh and i forgot to mention that i have turned on my comp recently and a message saying 'Overclock has failed' or somthing like that.
m
l
August 26, 2011 7:21:47 AM

Plus no 'no hard disk connected' when the hard drive is CLEARLY connected.
m
l
August 26, 2011 8:22:44 AM

yeah clear the cmos, if it has a switch use it, if not remove the motherboard battery for a min whilst the power cable is unplugged. Reinsert it after a min and try that. As for the hard drive error, see what it says after the cmos reset, if it still does it, try a different port and a different cable. Report back to us
m
l
August 26, 2011 9:10:29 AM

Okay ive taken out the Mobo battery letshope this works :) 

It still crashes :(  any other suggestions?
m
l
August 26, 2011 9:52:36 AM

werner123 said:
Have you tested with another PSU?

Also have you done the other things i have suggested?

I have no other parts :( , im getting a new computer in about 8 weeks. but in the meantime i would like this to work.
m
l
August 26, 2011 10:14:30 AM

werner123 said:
Ask your friends if they can help you out with parts.

Try taking Your pc apart, leave only the motherboard and install everything from scratch, is does work sometimes.

8 weeks ain't that long, you'll be fine.

:p  thank you for all your help and yeah i have taken everything apart. I guess i will stay on my laptop and just wait another 8 weeks, Thanks again :) 
m
l
August 26, 2011 10:14:40 AM

Best answer selected by honker55.
m
l
!