Sign in with
Your question
Solved

KWA59

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 22, 2011 3:21:25 PM

Hello,I have a dell xps400.I'm using a radeon x1900xtx grfx card.My primary monitor is the original 19" lcd.My secondary monitor is a magnavox 27" tv.I connected the tv to the grfx card.Using the 9 pin vivo to 4 pin svideo and or composite rca hookup.The tv only has a coaxial connection on it.So I used an rf modulator with both svideo and composite inputs and coaxial outputs.My issue is that I can only get my desktop background to come up on the tv.I can drag all my icons over to the secondary.But only the primary monitor with respond.Nothing happenes on the secondary tv.Does anyone have any idea what else I need to do?

More about : kwa59

Best solution

a b x TV
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2011 12:26:50 AM

Drag all your icons back over to the monitor. In Catalyst Control Center, under Desktops and Displays, if you right click on the TV in the big picture window, there should be an option to make it the primary display. Selecting this option should make everything occur on your TV rather than your monitor.

-Wolf sends
June 23, 2011 10:17:37 AM

Wolfshadw said:
Drag all your icons back over to the monitor. In Catalyst Control Center, under Desktops and Displays, if you right click on the TV in the big picture window, there should be an option to make it the primary display. Selecting this option should make everything occur on your TV rather than your monitor.

-Wolf sends

Thanks,I understand that part.But I was trying to be able to watch netflix on my tv because it has a larger screen.And also be able to surf the net on the monitor.Can you help me to be able to do that?Even in extended view The monitor responds,but the tv just stays on my desktop background.
Do I need to change anything to get my tv to respond?
m
l
a b x TV
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2011 12:27:53 PM

Video playback, like from Netflix, will only display on the primary monitor. With the TV set up as the primary, you'll need to open the browser window and manually move it to the secondary window. Then start the video playback.

-Wolf sends
m
l
June 30, 2011 12:13:53 AM

Best answer selected by KWA59.
m
l
!