Potential CPU failure

So recently my computer has been rebooting on it's own. I built the computer in early April of this year and everything has been fine until a few days ago when playing more graphic intensive games/rendering my art programs with cores unlocked I'm unable to go for long without my computer rebooting. Every about 4-5th crash my motherboard (ASUS M4A88T-M) MEM-OK button will continually flash and never post. Usually have to unplug the power supply for a few moments to get it to post. My power supply is well above what I need so I figure it can't be a wattage issue, also since I've made no upgrades to change things. However a quick run of prime95 will either immediately crash my computer or will do so within the next 20~ seconds leading me to believe this may be a CPU issue. Should I go ahead and look into trying a new CPU or am I not thinking clearly and it may be another issue?

Specs:
Motherboard - ASUS M4A88T-M
CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz
GPU - EVGA 01G-P3-1371-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
SSD - Intel X25-M SSDSA2MH120G2K5 2.5" 120GB SATA II
Memory/RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600/Kingston ValueRAM 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (2 of each. 12gb total)
PSU - CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 (CMPSU-600CX) 600W ATX12V v2.3 Active PFC

Side note: Cores are no longer unlocked, although it's of no help at this point.
3 answers Last reply
More about potential failure
  1. What cores are there to unlock on the Thuban? I'm confused.
  2. What setting are you using for prime95? large ftt's typicall indicate a memory issue and small ftt's a cpu or motherbd issue.
  3. Why are all the RAM sticks not the same exact thing?

If it were me I would have picked 1 kind and got 4 of it, not 2 of each. RAM is cheap, get 2 more of the Ripjaws and get rid of the ValueRAM.

I also didn't think there were any locked cores on x6 Thubans.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers