desktop icons

i have managed to lose my desktop icons & start up
menu.all i get is my desktop picture.i can get into my
files etc only by using alt,control,delete and opening
them through the task manager.any ideas what i have done
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop icons

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318027
    Taskbar Is Missing When You Log On to Windows

    and/or

    See if you have this task running using the Task Manager - Ctrl+Alt+Del (which
    relate to dynamic desktop media - spyware):-
    1) end following process: sysu.exe
    2)delete following folder: C:\Programs\ddm

    and/or

    Line 117 - Restore Taskbar and Start Menu

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    "neil hawthorne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i have managed to lose my desktop icons & start up
    > menu.all i get is my desktop picture.i can get into my
    > files etc only by using alt,control,delete and opening
    > them through the task manager.any ideas what i have done

Configuration Microsoft Customization Desktop Icons Windows XP