Memtest error results

Bhnm

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hi !
so it all started with my computer having a hard time booting... it used to make a strange beep sound (just a single long beep, as far as i remmeber, it also didnt repeat) before it boots, but it would get fixed by restarting before i could understand what the beep actually means :D
so after the boot problem was fixed, i had problems with my windows, random lockups and restarts for no reason, especially when i was watching a movie or surfing the web... i thought this is a virus problem, so i scanned my computer, and eventually decided ti format my hard disks... it didn't help, i still got the lockups and the random restarts
so i finally decided to run a Memtest..
i have 2 Kingston KVR667D2N5/1G, and here is a screen shot of my memtest...
although today i learned that i should test the RAMs one by one, but here is a picture of memtest with both of them there:
http://up.liz.ir/files/2012-08-26%2019_47_16.jpg

sorry for bad english :(

festerovic

Distinguished
well, one or more sticks is bad. You should test the sticks 1 by 1 like you said to figure out which one is bad. Since they are only 1 gb sticks, you could do yourself a favor and take advantage of cheap ram prices.

One thing to check : use the program CPU-z ID to determine what speed the RAM is running when you are in windows. The program is free, just google it. Report the RAM speed back when you know.

Bhnm

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
hi
thanks for your reply
i am resting the memories one by one and will post the results as soon as they are done
no sure about the CPU-z thing, 'cause i am not sure if i can actually log in to windows, it usually restarts before logging in !!!

festerovic

Distinguished
Yes, you found the bad stick, and it needs to be replaced. Remember to buy 2 sticks of new RAM, not just one. You may have problems with stability if you use two different kinds of RAM in a dual or triple channel memory configuration.

Bhnm

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
oh well, in that case ill just go ahead and buy a 2 gb stick!!
can you suggest a good RAM??
anyway, thanks for your help, friend !!!