Network password problem? ? ?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
August 20, 2005 6:16:43 PM

I had to reinstall Windows 98 in my laptop -- something I've done many
times -- but this time, when it's all finished, now, every time I reboot, I
have to "Enter Network Password" to get to the desktop.

Actually, I don't enter anything -- I just hit cancel or OK, and the desktop
comes up.

It's basically only a small nuisance, but I'd like to get rid of it.

Any guidance appreciated.
August 20, 2005 6:51:36 PM

Ignore this -- I found the answer.

"Ray" <rayj.balt@verizonDELETHIS.net> wrote in message
>I had to reinstall Windows 98 in my laptop -- something I've done many
>times -- but this time, when it's all finished, now, every time I reboot, I
>have to "Enter Network Password" to get to the desktop.
>
> Actually, I don't enter anything -- I just hit cancel or OK, and the
> desktop comes up.
>
> It's basically only a small nuisance, but I'd like to get rid of it.
>
> Any guidance appreciated.

August 22, 2005 4:12:45 AM

Change Network Primary Login to Windows Logon then it won't ask. I think it
is under Control Panel - Network.
Terry

!