Network password problem? ? ?

I had to reinstall Windows 98 in my laptop -- something I've done many
times -- but this time, when it's all finished, now, every time I reboot, I
have to "Enter Network Password" to get to the desktop.

Actually, I don't enter anything -- I just hit cancel or OK, and the desktop
comes up.

It's basically only a small nuisance, but I'd like to get rid of it.

Any guidance appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about network password problem

    Ignore this -- I found the answer.

    "Ray" <rayj.balt@verizonDELETHIS.net> wrote in message
    >I had to reinstall Windows 98 in my laptop -- something I've done many
    >times -- but this time, when it's all finished, now, every time I reboot, I
    >have to "Enter Network Password" to get to the desktop.
    >
    > Actually, I don't enter anything -- I just hit cancel or OK, and the
    > desktop comes up.
    >
    > It's basically only a small nuisance, but I'd like to get rid of it.
    >
    > Any guidance appreciated.

    Change Network Primary Login to Windows Logon then it won't ask. I think it
    is under Control Panel - Network.
    Terry

    "Ray" <rayj.balt@verizonDELETHIS.net> wrote in message
    >I had to reinstall Windows 98 in my laptop -- something I've done many
    >times -- but this time, when it's all finished, now, every time I reboot, I
    >have to "Enter Network Password" to get to the desktop.
    >
    > Actually, I don't enter anything -- I just hit cancel or OK, and the
    > desktop comes up.
    >
    > It's basically only a small nuisance, but I'd like to get rid of it.
    >
    > Any guidance appreciated.

Laptops Windows 98 Desktops