Photoshop/Gaming rig up to 2000$ (Canada)

formicacid

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
Well, as my current laptop is dying (I can actually hear it sizzling as I'm typing this), I'm kinda rushing to buy a new PC that I've been planning to get for a month or so.

Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to read about the new hardware out there, so I'm asking you guys here.

The PC I'm trying to make is going to be used heavily for Photoshop, and also gaming of course.

Now for the place to buy this thing, I've chosen http://www.ncix.com/, because they support the payments other than credit cards, and they also assemble the order I'm sending them. I'm really skeptical about my ability to put a PC together, and don't really have time to wait for individual parts and learn how to do it, even though I'd like to.

For now, I've created the first version that seems suitable, but it's gone over the 2000$ line, possibly because I need a keyboard, a mouse, win7 etc.

Here's the printed version

And here is the modifiable version if it helps.

The things that I'm most concerned about are

Power supply - I really have no clue what is needed, and I feel that 750W might not do.
Cooling
GPU - is this the best option for the money? I'm going strictly with ATi cards.
Network card - now, for the life of me I will never understand network cards. So, as a complete noob, I'll just say that I have wireless internet, and I need something to make it work......... embarrassing really.
Sound card - this is just another dent in the budget, and since I'm living in a small apartment at the moment, having speakers on is a nono, neighbors would kill me. I do plan though to go for a 2.1 speakers in the future. So, do I need one for now? I'll be using headphones always.
Monitor - well, I just don't have money for a more expensive one I guess, and since I'm into digital painting, I have a feeling I'm going to regret buying this one...

Finally, since I'm a foreign student here in Canada. Can anyone tell me how this order will work with Canada Post? I'm not sure how it goes with larger orders, how much time it takes, how it's delivered...

Thanks in advance.

r0aringdrag0n

Distinguished
You're getting ripped off...Never, EVER have a company build a computer for you, because normally they charge a lot more (such as the CPU you chose). I would not recommend the 1st gen bloomfield CPU because it is older, for that money ($320) I would go with an Intel i7 2600k, which is about the same money if you build the computer yourself

formicacid

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
@r0aringdrag0n

Oh right, I changed it to Intel Core i7 2600 Quad Core Hyperthreading Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Sandy Bridge 8MB.
Also, I know what you mean about being ripped off, but I'm simply not sure if I can build it myself, and I guess it saves me some time too.

@Why_Me

Changed it to ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Z68 LGA1155 ATX 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2 PCI B3 Motherboard, I hope that one is fine.

Thanks for the replies.
Still need to find if the rest of the stuff is compatible/worth getting.