Bsod on starting windows and tried almost everything.

abaabaabaaba4

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
First off here is my hardware. I'm not going to include fans and case as there not important.
i7-2600k
p8p67 pro
corsair vengeance 8gb 1866 mhz
gtx 460 ssc
hcg 900w
Caviar black 1tb
I was gaming the other night and it just froze, no ctrl alt delete or mouse or keyboard response so I restarted it and got stuck at starting windows.That night I could go into safe mode and stupid me didnt have a virus and think this is the cause so anyway I found 11 or so viruses some were trojen agents among others.Then the next night wanted to try using instsall disk to do chkdisk in a cmd that just was on a blank screen and restarted. I took the hard drive to mums computer and backed up everything and formatted and reinstalled windows 7 64-bit back on it so I had to go to bed that night. Next day tried booting off the hard drive this time get a bsod and the balls of light that make up the windows time havent even joined together yet and where it normally says somthing like unmountable boot device there was nothing. Tried safe mode that didnt work this time and has stoped working since.I took the hard drive back to mums computer and I booted windows succesfully so that eliminates a master boot virus.Ive tried putting each ram in each slot that didnt work,tried using the cmos reset jumper that didnt work and tried updating the bios and that didnt work.Only once but I did here a constant bleeping from the internal speaker. I've probably missed something because I've repeated this story several times but no one seems to have answers, so I might have to say extra stuff.
Thanks for any help in advance.

If I can decipher that mass of text correctly, you installed W7 on your HD on your mom's computer. Then you tried to install that HD and boot it in your PC.

That's likely to fail unless your mom's computer is identical to yours.

Put the HD back into your PC, put the W7 disk in the optical drive, boot the machine into BIOS and change the primary boot device to the optical drive. Save and exit BIOS and you should be able to install W7 on your own PC.

If you can't get into BIOS, or W7 can't find your HD, you've got a different problem. So try the above and let us know what happened.

abaabaabaaba4

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Sorry I right like that. What your saying is basically true.What I was saying was I cant boot from the installation disk on my computer cause its just a black screen then powers off.You have helped me though because someone suggested making a usb stick boot-able and put the installation disk ISO or whatever onto it.I presume when you install windows on the machine it installs drivers for your hardware so its custom to ones pc?

You haven't said, so I have to ask - can you boot into BIOS? If so, go in and change the boot device to your optical drive, etc.

If you can't get into BIOS, something fundamental is wrong . . . like eg your psu. Could be that it failed to supply enough power under gaming load, and then the failure got worse.

Yes, the install is custom to your mobo and other hardware . . . although Win7 may be more forgiving, ie, it may in fact be able to correct on the fly. I had one instance where I was able to use the original "C" drive after replacing a mobo.

abaabaabaaba4

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I can boot into bios, What I was saying was when I booted the installation disk (it definitively was cause got boot menu and selected DVD drive also it said press any key) it was a black screen. I've got a 900w power supply. Now for some weird reason when I go on the installation disk I get the windows 7 wallpaper thing so I thought I should try startup repair this time I get a bsod which is good cause it has info this time its not flashing on screen and says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EAQUAL I have had an irql not less or equal bsod(but not with driver) several times before the big crash it was mainly when watching video once 1080p harry potter trailer and another time was watching tv in windows media center .Also at the bottom of the screen it says ataport.sys and I don't have raid.Im still to check what happens when booting windows because the way the computer is behaving to stuff is different and right now I'm keeping the bsod up to write this so ill post again in 2 mins.

abaabaabaaba4

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Safe mode and normal boot give bsod but flashes so cant see anything but I think where it says error like ''irql not less or equal'' there's nothing.

abaabaabaaba4

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Now my problem is that when I run the installation disk its the blue background and the mouse is in the middle of the screen and frozen most likely if this is solved my whole problem is solved.The thing is I installed windows 7 successfully 3 or 4 weeks ago and have been running fine so something must have changed physically stopping me from installing windows 7.

abaabaabaaba4

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
How can I reformat without an os what would I need to burn to a disk and would that solve the fact the installation disk freezes even though the DVD drive isn't related to the hard drive.

Since you can get into BIOS:

- Clear CMOS,
- Boot into BIOS, load (optimized) defaults and save.
- Change the boot order to put your optical drive 1st.
- Make ONLY other changes required for operation (eg, RAID if used). Make no other changes.
- Insert the Install Disk,
- Save BIOS and exit.

Tell us what happened next.

abaabaabaaba4

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Sorry for late reply reason being can view stuff on iphone but cant log in on iPhone and if theirs an app cant download it cause I have no space so every time I want to reply I have to go on mums computer and sometimes she doesn't let me.
I got the press any key message so pressed a key then it said starting windows and didbt go Thurber than when the windows logo is amdebthen I tried agin this time I got the blue background but no curare or window so I waited after 10 mins restarted so I pressed a key same thing but when it booted back up it tried booting off the drive so my bios seatings were changed. Sometimes I only get windows logo sometimes get to blue background and this morning had a blue background with a frozen cursed in the middle. If you didn't read the other posts this morning I got a bald saying driver irql not less or equal and at the bottom it says ataport.sys I think just check the other post to make sure.

abaabaabaaba4

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
yes I did what you said but you said tell me what happened next and the reason I said about I get stuck on the blue background was because I only got a black screen at same point about a week ago so I was telling you because its changed but yes I used the jumper then reset the bios then set dvd drive as first boot priority then when I restarted got the press any key...