GPU Throttling and PowerPlay Issues

wigglerthefish

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
Hello guys!!!

I've started playing Minecraft a couple of weeks ago, and there is severe stuttering. To diagnose the issue, I looked at MSI Afterburner and monitored the Core Clock, Core Voltage, and Memory Clock. These rapidly throttle back and forth from the idle state (2D) to active (3D). Other people have had this issue, but managed to fix it in an older version of Catalyst Control Center. I have the latest CCC (11.5) and cannot find the "Profile" creation option to apply the fix. I did find the .xml file in the location originally specified (C:\Users\wigglerthefish\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles). The problem is that CCC automatically applies the preset without allowing for other changes. Also, with the edited profile file, I cannot change any settings (in CCC). (P.S. it hasn't worked either)

Is there another way to fix this issue? I have tried running a 3D application in the background (Battlefield:Bad Company 2), but the problem persists. :(
There has to be an option somewhere...

wigglerthefish

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
I've updated (thanks to you), but the problem still exists. The problem is only in Minecraft. It may have to do with fullscreen, but BF:BC2 in windowed mode runs fine...

Any other suggestions? :/ Can't play minecraft until then... The stutter got me killed already.