Will it run 3 3D Monitors?

I've been told by some friends that I've share my build with, that a GTX 590 can not max all current games over 3 3D monitors in surround.While the ATI(AMD) 6990 can. :o

What do you guys think? My plan is to get a GTX 590 now and later(4-5 months) another one to set-up in SLI.

Here's the essential part of the build:
i5 2500k Sandy
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD5 - Dual Channel Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Gigabyte GTX 590

Any opinions are highly appreciated,
They got me really worried,
~Alex.
18 answers Last reply
More about will monitors
  1. No, it will not.
  2. What do you guys suggest I get then?

Getting a 6990 is a big issue to me, because you need an adaptor if the monitor does not have displayport(most of them don't), and not any adaptor.(It must be active)

So..
  3. Any ideas? (Thread on 2nd page)
  4. How fast does my thread reach 2nd page, wow.

Someone, please? <3
  5. Bumpty..(2 days without reply)
  6. I'm no expert but shouldn't the last of a series be better then the first of another series?
  7. Well a single 6970 can't even connect to 3 monitors(without adapter), not to speak of 3D captabilities in new games.
    Also, who said that the new tech isn't going to be even more expensive?
  8. Well, if I'm spending 700$ on 3 monitors it's clear that I don't wanna play on low res.
  9. Well the problem is, I need an active display port adapter for eyefinity.There are none in my country(as far as I am aware).And I really don't want to pay shipping for 1 adaptor.
    I was looking into water-cooling, another thing that is virtually non-existent around, looked around for a site that ships to Romania.Guess what? Shipping was 253$, what the ***.
  10. Wait what? I've seen a review and the author said that a single 6990 heats like two 590s.
    Also I don't think that WC is everything, air cooling with pretty cable management(reason I'm getting modular PSU) is fine.
  11. Anyone else?
  12. hey get 2 gtx 580 this is great to run three monitor set up
  13. So two GTX 580 3GB Will run better then two GTX 590?
  14. No, honestly its way too much.

Will I be better with two GTX 580 (3gb) compared to two GTX 590?
  15. Okay then, thanks alot <3

I'l be sure to visit the OC forum when I'l have them.
  16. Best answer selected by AlExAlExAlEx.
  17. AlExAlExAlEx said:
    Wait what? I've seen a review and the author said that a single 6990 heats like two 590s.
    Also I don't think that WC is everything, air cooling with pretty cable management(reason I'm getting modular PSU) is fine.

1 6990 beats 2 590's? your source must be a uber fanboy
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gtx Monitors 3D Systems