Olympus FL-50 flash battery door

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
March 27, 2005 7:08:28 AM

Does anyone here know the proper procedure to remove, without breaking,
the battery door on an Olympus FL-50 flash? Any help is greatly
appreciated, thanks!

JDR
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 8:54:27 PM

"Flavius" <flavius@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone here know the proper procedure to remove, without breaking,
> the battery door on an Olympus FL-50 flash? Any help is greatly
> appreciated, thanks!
>

> JDR

Go to the Oly forum on www.dpreview.com. All the good answers there...

HTH. Cheers!
Hans
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 10:24:39 PM

http://www.olympusamerica.com/e1/e1_lit/FL50-instmanual...

The above is a link to the FL-50 manual in PDF format on the Olympus U.S.A.
website. It appears to be reasonably comprehensive, and may provide the
answers to all your questions about this flash.

Rob
Related resources
March 28, 2005 7:19:21 AM

Sorry you did not understand the question. I guess I was not clear enough.
Please allow me to elucidate. The object is NOT to *OPEN* the battery door,
it is to *** REMOVE *** the battery door. Without breaking it!
The owners manual says nothing about how to remove the door. A service or
repair manual does not appear to be available on the manufacturers website
yet.
REMOVAL is necessary for the installation of a Quantum MKZ3 battery
replacement module and cord. This will take the place of the piss-ant AAs
and allow me to run the flash on my 4.5 amp hour Jacobs Pack. (1500+ flashes
per charge, with MANY recharge cycles available) (Sealed Lead Acid battery).

JDR

"Basic Wedge" <basic-wedge@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> http://www.olympusamerica.com/e1/e1_lit/FL50-instmanual...
>
> The above is a link to the FL-50 manual <<<< snip
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 4:01:14 PM

I'm sorry my response was not helpful to you. I hope someone else can aid
you in finding a solution to your troubles.

Rob

"Flavius" wrote ...

!