Sign in with
Your question

What MOBO and Prossesor value for gaming help

Last response: in CPUs
November 25, 2011 12:43:05 AM

ok guys my MOBO has served me well but now its dieing and its time to buy a new one, so right now i have a AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ Brisbane which i do want to replace in the future, my question is is with what i should go with now seeing as how im 13 and dont it takes me a while to make the money i want the best value so what MOBO and processor should i go with. this is also for gaming so i think im going to have to go with ddr3, I just want the optimum system for GTA IV and CRYSIS. thanks guys and any help will be appreciated

More about : mobo prossesor gaming

a c 83 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 25, 2011 6:38:22 AM

darkd3cimation said:
ok guys my MOBO has served me well but now its dieing and its time to buy a new one, so right now i have a AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ Brisbane which i do want to replace in the future, my question is is with what i should go with now seeing as how im 13 and dont it takes me a while to make the money i want the best value so what MOBO and processor should i go with. this is also for gaming so i think im going to have to go with ddr3, I just want the optimum system for GTA IV and CRYSIS. thanks guys and any help will be appreciated

fill this up:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...

for gta iv a good quad core cpu with plenty of ram are needed. gta iv is a poorly coded console ported to pc platform. crysis is an old game but it still taxes current pc hardware.
m
l
Related resources
November 25, 2011 3:48:15 PM

If i was you, I would go with the AMD Llano A8-3850 processor and a good value mobo like an asus F1A75-V PRO. In Xfire with the HD6670 it will run Crysis 2 on Hardcore settings(Ultra Quality) with an average fps of 40. without the HD6670 you can easily run crysis 2 on gamer settings(Low-Normal Quality). If you can get 1600 Mhz RAM it will be even better. For these games you'll need fast memory.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 5:57:41 PM

Qwerty018 said:
If i was you, I would go with the AMD Llano A8-3850 processor and a good value mobo like an asus F1A75-V PRO. In Xfire with the HD6670 it will run Crysis 2 on Hardcore settings(Ultra Quality) with an average fps of 40. without the HD6670 you can easily run crysis 2 on gamer settings(Low-Normal Quality). If you can get 1600 Mhz RAM it will be even better. For these games you'll need fast memory.

The problem with Llano is you are very limited on upgrades. There's virtually no way to go except get a new CPU and MoBo once it lacks enough power for your needs. It's for casual gaming or less demanding games (Source games), not really hardcore gaming such as Crysis or GTA IV. I highly doubt Llano can max out Crysis 2 with +40 FPS. Sure, with DX9, but even the GTX 560 Ti I once had with a decent quad core struggled to get 30FPS on DX11. It's very GPU taxing, and a Llano setup won't work very well. Same goes for Crysis.

GTA IV is extremely CPU intensive. You need a great quad core along with a decent GPU to run that game with playable frames. Llano's CPU is similar to an Athlon II in terms of performance. It's GPU + the 6670 is probably slower than an HD 5770/6770.
m
l
November 26, 2011 7:28:08 AM

The quad core processor is good enough for gaming, but it needs to be overclocked. I overclocked the Llano to 3.4 Ghz and the HD6670 to 900 Mhz core speed and 1150Mhz memory clock. Then games like Bad Company 2 and crysis 2 are perfectly playable with average of 45 fps in bad company in DX11 and an average of 40 fps in crysis 2 in DX11. But I have to admit it is not in the highest resolution. these results came out playing in 1600 x 1050. The processor only goes up to 60 to 75 % usage at 45-55 degrees. And the dual graphics mode doesn't even work in DX9. Don't you forget the Llano gives very decent graphics by itself.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 26, 2011 5:47:38 PM

What if the OP doesn't want to OC? What if he wants to play his games at 1080p with everything maxed? What if he has a decent GPU and just needs a CPU and MoBo? How about upgrades? SLI or CrossFire? Budget?

@dark Please provide the information posted above^
m
l
November 26, 2011 7:17:17 PM

Maybe, but I don't know. I just gave a suggestion, OK?

p.s. I tried on 1920 x 1080, 30+ fps.
m
l
December 5, 2011 10:55:49 PM

Ok well i am facing a couple problems, i have a 5770 that runs flawlessly, thing is i have been getting random shut downs when playing games or just installing something, now i got a new 500w psu so i know its not that i have run test after test and got 2 new sticks of ddr2 2g ram so it must be my MOBO, and i do wish to run my games at the highest settings with some intense graphic mods like ENB or Icehancer, res would be at 1440/900, i have been looking at a AMD Phenom x4 955 BE, any help with the shutdown problem will be great because i want to get it ready for the holidays thanks guys.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 5, 2011 11:02:21 PM

Is the airflow in your case good so you components don't overheat? Run MSI Afterburner and check GPU temperatures.
Could be outdated driver. Have you updated to the latest drivers?
m
l
December 5, 2011 11:36:42 PM

its about 25 degrees down here in texas and everything is showing under 40c at full use so i know its not over heating and about the drivers i am using a nettle 2 MOBO right now wich is for vista and i did find some drivers for xp so im not sure if they are or are not updated. wat test can i run to check my hardware and drivers
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2011 12:02:12 AM

I am not aware of any legit driver checkers. I meant updating your GPU (HD 5770) drivers.
m
l
December 6, 2011 12:34:09 AM

ok, and right now i am running everything out of the case i mean it works fine but it somtimes just freezes or just shuts down i am using it to type this right know, could it be my os

m
l
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2011 12:37:43 AM

Clean install Windows. See if that helps.
m
l
December 6, 2011 1:13:28 AM

ok, can it be my MOBO because it just shuts of like somone pulled the plug then it startes back up and makes clicking noises then the BIOS comes up and freezes at the blue HP screen
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2011 7:11:40 PM

Is the clicking sound coming for the hard drive? Have you heard the sound while using the computer ever?
m
l
December 6, 2011 8:55:15 PM

no the sound is not coming from my harddrive its cooming from the little speaker on the MOBO, i installed clean setup of Windows 7 32 bit, i am having troubles finding drivers for my MOBO most likly since ECS made it especially for HP I am really hard on money as is everyone else (get jobs people) so im trying to get this fixed with out a new MOBO were can i go to get some drivers for it here are its specss
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Audio CODEC: ALC888S
ECS MCP61PM-HM
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2011 9:08:57 PM

To get the drivers from HP, you need your desktop model. Try finding it out. There usually is a label or sticker on the case that tells it.

DO NOT TELL US YOUR SERIAL NO. OR PRODUCT NO.
ONLY THE MODEL NO. (i.e. HP Pavilion P6XXX series or what ever it is; Model No. pxxxxy).

Try clearing the CMOS (near the end there is a section on how to do so):
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume...

m
l
December 6, 2011 9:41:16 PM

i havent tryed the claring the CMOS thanks for reminding me also i know the model by heart its a HP m8300f, after installing W7 im starting to get BSODs after about 3-5 minutes of using it im looking for some drivers from my laptop see if it helps the only BSODs im getting are IRQL not less or equal and also Memory Managment meaning it must be driver prob. also 0x0...08e
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2011 10:25:46 PM

Go ahead and clear the CMOS. Hope it helps. That code (0x0...08E) is supposedly a memory/RAM issue. Reseat the RAM. Also, do the following:

1) Boot up with just the PSU, MoBo, CPU, and CPU Cooler. If it beeps you are good. If not, bad PSU.

2) Add the RAM. If it beeps, you are good. If not, bad RAM.

3) Add the GPU. If it beeps, you are good. If not, bad GPU.

4)One by one add the other components into the system. If any problems occurs at this point, it's probably a bad MoBo or PSU.

If you want more help, make a new thread out of the issue.
m
l
December 6, 2011 10:43:08 PM

ok thanks man i really appreciate it but just to make sure if it does make a sound its good and if it doesent its bad
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2011 10:44:38 PM

darkd3cimation said:
ok thanks man i really appreciate it but just to make sure if it does make a sound its good and if it doesent its bad

In a nutshell yes.
m
l
December 6, 2011 10:52:09 PM

ok only psu and mobo=beep
psu,mobo,ram=beep
psu,mobo,ram,gpu=no beep, please tell that doesent mean my gpu is bad it took me forever to buy about a month ago
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2011 11:05:04 PM

darkd3cimation said:
ok only psu and mobo=beep
psu,mobo,ram=beep
psu,mobo,ram,gpu=no beep, please tell that doesent mean my gpu is bad it took me forever to buy about a month ago

I recommend making a thread about the issue. It'll get you more help. If the GPU truly is the issue, you should RMA it to the manufacturer or where you bought it off from (Newegg, for example, lets you return or RMA the GPU within 30 days).
m
l
December 6, 2011 11:11:44 PM

ok but one question when i have the gpu,psu mobo,and 2 sticks of ram it just wont start but when i take out one stick it does, oh and the mobo was oc'ed could it have been damaged
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 7, 2011 4:34:00 AM

Boot up with only 1 stick of RAM for now until the issue has truly been resolved. I believe you mean the CPU has been OCed. Just reset the CMOS jumper pin and the MoBo battery (round, shiny battery) on the MoBo. It should reset the BIOS and remove any OC.

Good night! Hope to help later on in the day!
m
l
December 7, 2011 11:04:37 AM

nope i really do mean the mobo a while back when i dident know too much about this kind of stuff i tried to run Race Driver Grid on the integrated gpu and it ran so slow so i tried to overclock the chipset and it worked for a little bit, also these problems just came out of noweere
m
l
!