Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

X4 955 BE VS X6 1090T BE VS 2500k

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 25, 2011 2:07:06 AM

i Know the the 2500k is much faster then both these processors , the 2500k is on sale for $199 , 1090t $169. and the 955 a low $104.
Looking to surf net,game,video edit , how much more performance could the 2xxk give me and is it worth the extra 100$?
yes i am going to overclock. Also how about for everyday use?
700w processor
xfx 6870
21" monitor 1080p
212 hyper+

More about : 955 1090t 2500k

a c 120 à CPUs
November 25, 2011 2:53:59 AM

You have a choice!
Cheap everyday pc that's good for gaming 955/965.
Otherwise go for a 2500K = best solution!
The 1090t offers no real benefits when compared to the others.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 3:50:17 AM

I'd go for the 2500K if you're looking into video editing and gaming. You have a decent GPU and I take it that "700w processor" is actually the PSU. You have a good cooler (if you have the extra fan fitted it cools perfectly) so you're square inside the OC ballpark.

What you must keep in mind though is that you still need to pick a motherboard as well, and the Intel-supporting boards tend to be a bit more expensive. You do get what you pay for though, so it's not like you're wasting your money.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 25, 2011 5:32:59 AM

If you have money go for a 2500K with a decent P67/Z68 Mobo, the extra $$$ will go to future proofing, and best of all? you can drop an Ivy Bridge cpu or a new GPU w/o worrying about bottlenecks.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 9:48:16 AM

YOu would get more benefit for gaming from buying a 955/965, and investing the extra saved cash into a better GPU such as a GTX560ti or ati 6950.

Like the above said if you add an extra fan to your 212 cooler you could OC your X4 to 3.8 to 4.0ghz on air quite easily, which gives you a very good all round system and great gaming rig.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 10:12:41 AM

pyoverdin said:
If you have money go for a 2500K with a decent P67/Z68 Mobo, the extra $$$ will go to future proofing, and best of all? you can drop an Ivy Bridge cpu or a new GPU w/o worrying about bottlenecks.


I'm confoozed (don't get the news too good on this side of the globe) - Will the new Ivy Bridge architecture be available in the LGA1155 package (same as the Sandy Bridge), or will it be for use exclusively by the LGA2011 socket? I've heard a rumor that Ivy Bridge will be released exclusively in the LGA2011 socket, meaning buying into a 2500K at current won't allow you to upgrade to an Ivy Bridge CPU later on. Is this correct or am I spewing BS?
m
0
l
a c 79 à CPUs
November 25, 2011 10:26:21 AM

ivy is 1155 not 2011 (could there be an ivybridge-e in the works, don't know)

think of it like the Core 2 quad die shrink both on the same platform new bios often required.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 10:32:20 AM

argueta789 said:
i Know the the 2500k is much faster then both these processors , the 2500k is on sale for $199 , 1090t $169. and the 955 a low $104.
Looking to surf net,game,video edit , how much more performance could the 2xxk give me and is it worth the extra 100$?
yes i am going to overclock. Also how about for everyday use?
700w processor
xfx 6870
21" monitor 1080p
212 hyper+

don't do anything now you have the golden chance add some more and get 2500k your performance is much more better than these two amd's
look at these two links and tell yourself how much 2500k is better.

1:2500k vs 1090t
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/146?vs=288

2:2500k vs 955
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/88?vs=288

overclocking of 2500k is fine for regular use.
m
0
l
November 25, 2011 10:59:24 AM

i see i see , so even with the 955 x4 overclocked to 3.8ghz? i mean the 2500k is obviously faster , but isnt overkill a little?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 11:01:00 AM

argueta789 said:
i see i see , so even with the 955 x4 overclocked to 3.8ghz? i mean the 2500k is obviously faster , but isnt overkill a little?

nope!
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 11:10:30 AM

argueta789 said:
i see i see , so even with the 955 x4 overclocked to 3.8ghz? i mean the 2500k is obviously faster , but isnt overkill a little?


Yep.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 1:39:57 PM

Uther39 said:
Yep.

what he saying?
m
0
l
November 25, 2011 2:16:53 PM

Yep. For your current rig, it is absolutely overkill. In games, if you want to see a difference in FPS, untill you go sli\cfx is where the 955 will struggle. It wouldnt struggle if paired with really powerful sinlgle gpus too(difference should be less than 3%) like gtx 580 or 6970. So, if you are to upgrade to a mid range 7000 card(like say 7870 or maybe even 7970), the i5 or 955 will not make a huge difference. The only game i know where this happens is SC2 which seems to like intel cpus. After OC both, i dont think it will make a huge difference atall. Hell, i would have had told you to get an i3 2120, but the 955 gives the thrill of OC. :)  Its fun to play with your h\w.
m
0
l
November 25, 2011 6:18:30 PM

so i would have any benefit in speed i fi get the 1100t? x6
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 6:29:07 PM

argueta789 said:
so i would have any benefit in speed i fi get the 1100t? x6

not at all if you want to taken amd cpu then phenom II 980 is perfect there.six core cpu won't gives any real performance in games so stay with quad.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 6:32:18 PM

pro-gamer said:
not at all if you want to taken amd cpu then phenom II 980 is perfect there.six core cpu won't gives any real performance in games so stay with quad.



This is not true, as we see with the latest games released such as BF3 which is multi thread enabled, more and more new games will be able to take advantage of the X6 2 extra cores.
m
0
l
November 25, 2011 6:54:35 PM

so take the 955 and with the extra money buy a better video card, or go with the t1100
, keep in mind that i am not only gaming i want to do surfing and video editing
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 7:11:22 PM

argueta789 said:
so take the 955 and with the extra money buy a better video card, or go with the t1100
, keep in mind that i am not only gaming i want to do surfing and video editing

why would you not tell it earlier.
then go with 1100t it's better with that stuff.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 8:28:24 PM

BF 3 really is multi-thread enabled, but if I remember, even that way X6 isn't faster than the X4 line.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 8:48:30 PM

pro-gamer said:
why would you not tell it earlier.
then go with 1100t it's better with that stuff.

1090t or 1100t are both just about equal , I have both and video editing is so much faster than the ols dual cores , really saves a month or 2 / year time wise , they also do really well in games . amazon had 1090t for 159.00 last week
m
0
l
November 25, 2011 9:43:48 PM

The 1100T dropped to $169.99 on Newegg. I'm awaiting an 1100T that I paid $189 for.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 26, 2011 6:51:55 AM

jerry6 said:
1090t or 1100t are both just about equal , I have both and video editing is so much faster than the ols dual cores , really saves a month or 2 / year time wise , they also do really well in games . amazon had 1090t for 159.00 last week

1100t is good deal for future.
m
0
l
November 26, 2011 7:34:47 AM

best choice other then these are i7 2700k 4 core with ht and 3.5ghz at sotck :-) perfromres more than 2500k and very good but if you want to save money i5 2500k is the best processor now very good in gaming

i7 is good for every thing

m
0
l
November 26, 2011 7:38:30 AM

tell me that how much time you are using xfx card?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 26, 2011 7:43:53 AM

pell380 said:
best choice other then these are i7 2700k 4 core with ht and 3.5ghz at sotck :-) perfromres more than 2500k and very good but if you want to save money i5 2500k is the best processor now very good in gaming

i7 is good for every thing

expensive too :D 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 28, 2011 3:07:06 AM

13thmonkey said:
ivy is 1155 not 2011 (could there be an ivybridge-e in the works, don't know)

think of it like the Core 2 quad die shrink both on the same platform new bios often required.

Ah, now I've got it. Thanks. :) 
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 5:00:08 PM

I would get a 2500k hands down if you can afford it. You don't want to build your AMD computer knowing your way behind in technology already. Yes you can run most games fine with AMD. But its not future proof at all.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 28, 2011 5:12:21 PM

people was in great expect that when bulldozer came out it should be the top cpu but unfortunately the latest release was beaten by intel 2500k and 2600k, so no doubt get 2500k very expert chip in gaming..
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 5:38:17 PM

the i5-2400 rocks all the quad core amds according to Anandtech.
m
0
l
!