Nice ghost software???

Bames_Jond

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
I am currently looking for a good ghost program for backing up some of the computers at the company where i work. I would like to hear about any recommendations, negatives, positives, prices and useability of the different ghost products. I would also just be satisfied with a name. I can look up the info myself and compare the products to each other. How many Ghost products are out there and what are they named? I have placed my post here in the this forum but the software should also be compatible with Win NT/2000.

Can anyone help me?

My name is Jond, Bames Jond.

My ACPI incompatible network adapter killed my SB Live!

NickM

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2001
<font color=green>"I am currently looking for a good ghost program for backing up some of the computers at the company where i work...
I have placed my post here in the this forum but the software should also be compatible with Win NT/2000."</font color=green>
Sorry, but you don't need to post your message everywhere actually, it might be confusing for people...

BuGaLoU has already answered you. Go with Norton Ghost.

I used on corporate NT computers Norton Ghost labeled as "For Windows 95 and Windows 98 only!"
And the same old disk (released before Win2000 was introduced) for Win2000. It <b>works flawlessly for me when replacing old harddisks and rearranging the space on harddisks with FAT16, NTFS, NTFS5 and FAT32 partitions</b>. Just do the image first, then mirror. What I do else, I always disconnect all the CD or backup devices. If IDE, I make both harddisks as masters on separate channels. This is not a rule, just what I always do. I have never had problems with Ghost, but I have to say, that I heard that Ghost doesn’t work always perfectly, for example with Oracle. You have to try for your particular situation.
It’s like as, you know, the Partition Magic. It works on servers, and many people like it, but some SysAdmins are having troubles with it. I have a possibility to try the Partition Magic but don’t want. With the Ghost I can do everything I need, and it is more than enough and just perfect for me.

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Is that version 7 or 6. We used to use version 6 and everything worked great. Then we switched to 7 and the speed was cut in half and somethings just wouldn't ghost and had to be multicasted. Newer versions aren't always better.

<b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> for <b>THGC</b> Mascot!!!