Sign in with
Your question

Have lost signature -screenshot proof!

Last response: in Forum Feedback
November 10, 2008 5:20:50 PM

The following screenshot is what my "edit post" screen has looked like for the past week or so.
As you can see, I have no option to display my signature any more. Other people can still display theirs. I used to have this ability. You can even find posts where my signature is displayed.
This is not dependent on my browser. It happens in Google Chrome, IE, and Firefox. It happens at home on my desktop in both XP and vista 64, and on my laptop at work in Vista 32.

It happens no matter how I change the way the forum displays for me.

Please explain why this happened and if you intend to do something about it.
November 10, 2008 10:08:27 PM

Mine doesn't appear either. Not a big deal really, reduces scrolling and saves bandwidth.
November 11, 2008 4:34:45 AM

Huh?

I'm not talking about the signature itself, I'm talking about the ability to display your signature to others... the little box you check when posting that enables your own sig.

Obviously you still have that, or something like it, because I can see your sig.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 11, 2008 4:44:58 AM

I don't have the box.
November 11, 2008 6:36:47 AM

but your sig is showing randomizer
November 11, 2008 6:55:08 AM

I guess I'm lucky then. I never ticked the box to show my sig though, it was always ticked. Perhaps it's just using whatever default setting you were using earlier (even though I dont know how to set the default) but you can't change that now.
November 11, 2008 12:11:37 PM

You are probably right. I've been a member for some time but never used the signature function early on. When I did start using it I had to check the box each time I wanted to use it in a post.

Dear forum admin:
Somewhere there is a page of code that describes my personal settings. There are both settings to display others signatures, and settings to add your own signature to posts.

Please change all such settings to "true" or "1" or however it's worded, for me. Thx.
:) 
November 11, 2008 8:04:42 PM

Doing that would require editing at the database level. Ouch.
November 16, 2008 11:21:15 PM

I'm really just hoping for some indication that there is actually someone that has read this and other similar posts from others who have corrupted and/or missing forum settings.

You know, an actual forum admin type person. I don't even need a "working on it" or an apology.... I just want a terse "I read this."
November 18, 2008 5:42:30 AM

I passed this bug on to the engineers.
November 19, 2008 5:41:38 AM

Thank you!
November 21, 2008 3:35:59 PM

Proximon I to am having a problem with my sig,it will not show up no matter what I do,the option to show sig is checked but it still doesn't show sig if you find fix for this please share it. I use the sig for when I ask question about a problem with my pc spec's are always there so I don't have to type them in every post.hope you find fix for this problem.
November 21, 2008 7:29:48 PM

major53 said:
Proximon I to am having a problem with my sig,it will not show up no matter what I do,the option to show sig is checked but it still doesn't show sig if you find fix for this please share it. I use the sig for when I ask question about a problem with my pc spec's are always there so I don't have to type them in every post.hope you find fix for this problem.

The "option to show signatures" is not for YOUR signature. It's so that you can see others' sigs.

As stated above, the bug has been passed along to the engineers... hopefully we'll have a fix soon.
November 21, 2008 7:45:57 PM

Proximon thanks for clearing that up,but I still don't see other people sig even though it is checked in the forum options,nor do I see the signature in the forum option I fill out for my signature? I use to see it at the bottom of every post but now it's gone.
November 21, 2008 11:56:16 PM

You can't see Randomizer's sig above? Then I guess you have a different problem.

The option to display your sig that was at the bottom of the post form has been missing for everyone for a few weeks.
November 24, 2008 4:29:42 PM

Proximon thanks for your help the only way I can get my on sig @ bottom of my post is to go in to profile and copying my sig before I post a reply.but you can see it at the bottom of this post cause I copy it and paste it before posting.long away around it but it works

GIGABYTE p35 ds3l-- e8400 wolfdale-- 4 GIG RAM g.skill 800 -- xfx 9800gtx 512-- OCZ 700 POWER SUPPLY---NZXT Apollo BLUE NP Blue SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower---acer 2216 wide screenl---logitech 3000 keyboard and mouse--- vista 32 bit
November 28, 2008 8:27:19 AM

It seems to only happen to a few people so... yeah...

I know chickadee has this problem... but it was solved in another thread automatically, so just give BoM some time to process and fix this problem.
December 15, 2008 11:22:18 PM

amdfangirl & Proximon my sig is working on new post now don't know what they fixed but it's working.Proximon hope it fixed your.lol

thanks tom' hardware crew :bounce: 
December 17, 2008 4:09:12 AM

Woot!
!